Little help here please folks: digital camera around £150?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by PeteH, Nov 28, 2004.

1. PeteH

michaelab desafinado

The 601 only has a 3mp sensor (producing 6mp images). It's true that SuperCCD tends to work better with the larger sensors found in their S2 Pro and S3 Pro D-SLRs than their consumer cameras. Still, I think Fuji should be commended for trying a different solution to the CCD problem.

Michael.

michaelab, Nov 29, 2004
  2. PeteH

PeteH Natural Blue

Oooh, I like the sound of that. They don't do a 27.5kg S300 do they, by any chance? :)

There's a good deal at Boots on the Canon A310 (£90ish), and 7dayshop.com are doing the Canon A75 for about £120 - those are the current frontrunners as they seem like good prices for well-recommended cameras. Anyone bought anything from 7dayshop?

PeteH, Nov 29, 2004
  3. PeteH

tomson

also the 601 is 2 or 3 years old now - fairly long in the tooth in the world of consumer cameras. Things have moved on.

tomson, Nov 29, 2004
  4. PeteH

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

Sure, but my nikon CP700 was several years older and produced better images.

Pete- I've bought quite a bit of stuff from 7dayshop without probs.

I-S, Nov 29, 2004
  5. PeteH

Tom Alves

Tom Alves, Nov 29, 2004
  6. PeteH

Heath

I've used 7dayshop quite a lot for films and batteries, but never anything as expensive as a camera. Delivery takes about a week (hence the name) and orders are shipped from the Channel Islands in multiple packages to keep the individual package value low to avoid taxes. I'm not sure what would happen with a single expensive item like a camera - do they promise no import duty or are you likely to get stung for it?

Heath

Heath, Nov 30, 2004
  7. PeteH

Saab

Rememebr that that the arguement about noise is technical rather than real,ie you might see it zooming in on screen but when printed at 6x4 or even 7x5 you can't see it.Noise at higher ISOs is a fact of life with small ccds,its why i bought the Panasonic DMC FX7 because iuts the only small camera to have image stabilistion enabling hand held shots at lower ISOs (mine is fixed on 80!!!)

Saab, Nov 30, 2004
  8. PeteH

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Anyone have any experience/knowledge/opinions on the Canon Ixus camers?

I've used an APS version a while back, which was good for point and shoot duties, and compact enough to carry easily.

I'm looking to get my folks a digital camera for christmas.

Ease of use, size, and good quality pic's from point&shoot are top of the list.

Seem to able to pick them up for under £250. Any other obvious choices I should be considering?

MO!, Dec 7, 2004
  9. PeteH

michaelab desafinado

The Ixus digitals are good but they're a bit pricey for what they are IMO because of their fashionable image and their very small size. There are other slightly larger and less stylish Canons and Olympus pocket digitals which are better value IMO.

Michael.

michaelab, Dec 7, 2004
  10. PeteH

PeteH Natural Blue

Right then folks. Canon Powershot A75 ordered at £125 from 7dayshop.com. If anything goes wrong, I'll be blaming you lot. :D

Thanks a lot everyone for your help, I love you all :)

PeteH, Dec 13, 2004
  11. PeteH

Rory satisfied

Rory, Dec 13, 2004
Ask a Question