Living Voice Avatar

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by bottleneck, Sep 2, 2004.

1. bottleneck

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

A pair of Living Voice Avatar speakers for sale.

For those who arent familiar, Avatar speakers are floorstanding efficient speakers that will get the most out of any amplifier - allowing you to choose your amp on the sound of it, rather than its power rating!. These speakers are often mated with Sugden, Lavardin, and other class A designs as well as valve amplifiers of course. I have been driving them with an 8w Border Patrol amp to great effect.

This particular pair have a rosewood finish, and have been factory french polished. This was an option that cost an extra 300 pounds at point of sale.

The other thing which seperates them from normal Avatars is the bracing of the cabinet. These cabinets have three unevenly spaced 'dowels' (think wooden rods) which gives a much less resonant cabinet than the window frame style of bracing used normally on the Avatar. Again this was a factory fitted option.

I would describe the condition as perfect, but unfortunately I knocked a speaker over once, and it has a small mark on it about a milimetre wide and a cm long. It is difficult to see from a listening position. A french polishing firm have offered to fill and polish it away for 30 pounds.

The RRP of the speaker with the above changes was 3,200 (the stock model is 2,700).

The speakers have the original boxes and manuals.

I am asking 1,500 with the tiny fix (above) or 1,450 as they are now. Im afraid Im not taking offers, Ive asked the price I expect to get. If they dont sell they will be listed on e-bay, so nows your chance!

NB
    I am selling to fund horn loaded speaker monstrosities, which could well be a mistake!, a reluctant sale this.

Chris

bottleneck, Sep 2, 2004
  2. bottleneck

sideshowbob Trisha

Blimey Chris, I hope you like the horns...

These are excellent speakers, good price too.

-- Ian

sideshowbob, Sep 2, 2004
  3. bottleneck

julian2002 Muper Soderator

good for you chris, you only live once.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Sep 2, 2004
  4. bottleneck

Robbo

Go for it chris! (and invite us up for a listen when you have the horns sorted!)

Robbo, Sep 2, 2004
  5. bottleneck

thanks everyone :)

bottleneck, Sep 2, 2004
  6. bottleneck

these go on e-bay on the weekend (or as soon as I can borrow a digital camera!).

So hurry if you are interested!

bottleneck, Sep 7, 2004
  7. bottleneck

bottleneck, Sep 11, 2004
Ask a Question