Living Voice Vox Olympian

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by SCIDB, Sep 15, 2009.

1. SCIDB

murray johnson

The driver cost will be much higher than that, as will the cabinet cost & bronze castings. (The TAD HF drivers may start out as off the shelf items but the new production Vitavox units definitely aren't!)

If you don't agree, look closer or better still, go & see them. They aren't a mass produced 'product' in the sense that something like a £100K Grande Utopia EM is.

I don't know what the multiple is and it doesn't matter either. These probably aren't intended for 'audiophiles' anyway.

The simple answer, if you want this kind of performance, is to make your own.
    Don't know how or can't be bothered? Then don't moan about these.

start here...
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150379495924&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2009
    murray johnson, Oct 11, 2009
  2. SCIDB

chrissyman

I have met Kevin a couple of times ' and listened to some of his kit ,
    these new speakers are most likely designed and built to satisfy some of his many wealthy client's .

He once told me that he is happier to dem and sell the auditorium and OBX speakers ' than the Tone Scout/Air partner system ' as that required so much care and setting up ' he could not be arsed with it .

These new Olympian's have been in the making for many years i believe ' its an extraordinary design and testament to Kevin's ability .

chrissyman, Oct 11, 2009
  3. SCIDB

Darren

Is it wrong to say I 'want' his missus.....?

She's a babe!!:p

Darren, Oct 16, 2009
  4. SCIDB

cooky1257

£7k for drivers, £12k for cabinetry /horns, £30k R&D =£55k tops.
    The rest is for kudos, exclusivity and 'perceived' value.
    If you can afford them adding another zero on the end probably isn't gonna make you blink in any case.
    The LP12 should be cheap(ish) by now but it isn't.....

cooky1257, Oct 16, 2009
  5. SCIDB

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

ED Selly humm............,

Being devils advicate here, there are a good few speakers that cost more than £190K, mostly US based manufacturers I believe one is around the $1m mark!

wadia-miester, Oct 17, 2009
  6. SCIDB

sq225917 Exposer of Foo

Sure there are speakers that cost more, but their existence doesn't mean these are suddenly any more real or credible. i'm sure they sound great and that everyone who buys them loves them, good luck to them and Kevin.

But I'll fucking well moan about whatever I like, and if you don't like other peoples opinions Murray, don't read forums.

sq225917, Oct 17, 2009
  7. SCIDB

SCIDB Moderator

Hi Tone,

What's wrong with Ed Selly? I have meet him a few times, he seems alright unless you know different?

If I was stinking rich, I would be interested in a pair.

SCIDB

SCIDB, Oct 17, 2009
  8. SCIDB

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Hello Dean,

Nothing what so ever, just curious who actually did the review thought HFC would have wanted Paul Messenger (Mr. speakers) to do the LV specials

wadia-miester, Oct 17, 2009
  9. SCIDB

SCIDB Moderator

Hi Tone,

I think Ed selly went round to Kevin's place to listen to them. Maybe Paul wasn't around.

SCIDB

SCIDB, Oct 17, 2009
  10. SCIDB

murray johnson

That's a fair point although FWIW I wasn't thinking of you as one of the moaners!

murray johnson, Oct 19, 2009
  11. SCIDB

darrylfunk

a good few years ago i sold a guy 4 top end thiel cs7 speakers 2 firing forward to back like a di pole set up in a huge barn with threshold power amps , nice system and quite pricey, but boy i would love to hear these new speakers , the attention to detail is fantastic even though they may not be to everyones taste.

darrylfunk, Oct 19, 2009
Ask a Question