lloyd cole

Discussion in 'General Music' started by mr cat, Nov 18, 2004.

1. mr cat

mr cat Member of the month

I've always been a fan of him and I bought his cd 'singles collection' (comes wity a free dvd) and its great!

but I was thinking about this last night - when your'e young and you listen to music by artists that are typically older than you - you always look up to them, yeah..? now, when you get older (i'm 34) and you listen to the same music, what are your views..??

just that I was watching this dvd and i was well aware that I'm now older than he was when he was singing this music - but I still have a lot of respect for him, but when I watch muscians now I normally thing 'Pah!' - is that because the music these days is sh*te..? tho there is a lot of good stuff around... or is it just how we perceive these these people as we get older..??

sorry for rambling, I've been at work all day, and I'm here until about 9pm moving mailboxes...sigh...

mr cat, Nov 18, 2004
  2. mr cat

andyoz

Good question. I spent alot of the eighties listening to Peter Gabriel when he was in his mid 30's. I was in my teens then but am in my mid 30's now.

At the time, I thought he must be wise old man and seasoned veteran to handle all that pressure but I know now that he probably didn't know his arse from his elbow (much like me now!). The other one is the Beatles, how did they manage all of what they did before they were even in there mid 20's!

andyoz, Nov 19, 2004
Ask a Question