London Halloween Bake-off Show

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Richard Dunn, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Richard Dunn

Dev Moderator

Richard, please let it be.

Dev, Nov 6, 2010
  2. Richard Dunn

nando nando

let it be by the beatles, good song, now back to bake-off please after all we are indeviduals with views of our own.

nando, Nov 6, 2010
  3. Richard Dunn

sq225917 Exposer of Foo

Richard, grow a set of balls and stop complaining. If you didn't give people reason to think that you were acting like a dick they wouldn't treat you as one.

People view everything that you write with the baggage they assume that you carry based on what you have written previously. You are a tattle tale, you love stirring it up.

Chesterfield are dumping Scalford,. NAim are up for sale etc etc, you just can't help yourself from dropping right into the thick of it.

So don't expect people to treat you like their best friends, you haven't earned that- they are free to treat you as they see fit, just like you do on Subjectivist. The thread on the Wam is no different to your threads about other fourms on your own site.

So grow a pair of balls and stop acting like some hurt child, it's pathetic. You're such a narcissist.

sq225917, Nov 6, 2010
  4. Richard Dunn

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

I'm not looking to start a debate here -

It's a shame that Richard is no longer part of Zerogain. I hope his hotel/hifi/halloween show continues in future years.

This was a highlight of his time here.

Despite his difficult (at times) posts, he had a lot to offer, and his general knowledge I think will be missed.

Since he doesnt have any way to reply, I hope we don't get any hard comments now about him - I am sad that he has gone.

So, in summary I hope the Halloween show happens again, it was a good idea. I wish Richard continued success with NVA.

For the rest of us, I hope we can continue posting new and interesting threads about life the universe and hifi - Zerogain is a community that we make stronger by contributing towards positively.

bottleneck, Nov 8, 2010
  5. Richard Dunn

RobHolt Moderator

Hi Chris,

The forum can run and arrange something if there is the will.
    It is a good concept. You only need a few rooms and if done on a Sunday the rates are much cheaper.

The guys at Audio Talk have been running events for some time and that grew out of the events on the old WAD forum.

I'm sure we could team up with another forum and arrange something.
    Smaller and different in concept to the WW event so not in competition.
    Its just a big bake-off really.

RobHolt, Nov 8, 2010
  6. Richard Dunn

flatpopely Trade - AudioFlat

If you made it simpler like 'bring your own source' you could have a few rooms with different amps and speakers (forum members) where people could hear their source in different systems. Totally different to the Pie Show but still a different slant on the traditional manufacturer room based show.

flatpopely, Nov 8, 2010
  7. Richard Dunn

RobHolt Moderator

You mean a compete user system in each room, like the pie show, but the event is themed to look at sources, or amps, or say speakers only?

RobHolt, Nov 9, 2010
  8. Richard Dunn

YNMOAN Trade - AudioFlat

Hmm...except, this particular event was advertised in five ways - it had a thread on four forums (that I know of) and a website dedicated to it. At least one of those forums (other than this forum) has a significant level of traffic of the type you describe (pfm). Even though the thread existed for a significant period of time (5 months or more), only 50 people attended (and this includes the 'room bosses - 2 or 3 per room). A few thousand must have seen, or had the opportunity to see, information relating to this event, and yet only a very small percentage chose to attend (the cost of entry was not unreasonable and commensurate with other hi-fi shows).

YNMOAN, Nov 9, 2010
  9. Richard Dunn

RobHolt Moderator

Must be another reason then, though I can't possibly imagine what that might be ;)

RobHolt, Nov 9, 2010
  10. Richard Dunn

Joe

It clashed with Halloween?

Joe, Nov 9, 2010
  11. Richard Dunn

YNMOAN Trade - AudioFlat

Yup...............me neither...........

Indeed, that is probably it; Halloween events that are held in the daytime are always a problem.........I imagine.

YNMOAN, Nov 9, 2010
  12. Richard Dunn

Rob.

A complete system in each room and people bring a source only.

Andrew.

flatpopely, Nov 9, 2010
  13. Richard Dunn

Papa Lazarou

Doh - of course! :D

Papa Lazarou, Nov 10, 2010
  14. Richard Dunn

RobHolt Moderator

It was suggested to me recently that perhaps a bake-off room could integrate into the Wigwam event. Could be good as it would compliment the fixed system rooms.
    It could be used to compare products, demonstrate thinking and idea etc. Perhaps ZG could book it as a forum room for that purpose, with a suitable payment into the event coffers.

Please give some feedback and we can approach James with some ideas.

RobHolt, Nov 13, 2010
  15. Richard Dunn

bigdur

Sounds like an excellent idea!

bigdur, Nov 13, 2010
  16. Richard Dunn

Sounds like a plan!

flatpopely, Nov 13, 2010
  17. Richard Dunn

DarrenW

but..

are not all the decent rooms gone now - the trouble with the little rooms for a forum room is that you can;t fit much kit in or people

good idea though but hopefully not instead of the zerogain bake off event - now gently benevolent has moved on I suspect numbers will increase substantially - I for one will come now he isn;t involved

Hang on - was the spat leading to the banning of the dark one staged to allow him to appear uninvolved, whilst secretly he remains a shadowy figure ready to pounce out on the day and delight us all with the usual vitriolic diatribe

got me thinking now....

DarrenW, Nov 13, 2010
  18. Richard Dunn

RobHolt Moderator

Have no fear Darren, the one you refer to is gone for good.
    Neither I nor the forum will have anything to do with him - period.

RobHolt, Nov 13, 2010
  19. Richard Dunn

DarrenW

Hi Rob

that's good news - are you going to organise a zerogain show then? - if its £1000 for the hotel you only need twenty folks to stump up £50 to cover the risk - 100 tickets at a tenner to break even (five rooms twenty per room)

happy to start the ball rolling with £50 pledge (once you get 19 more folks you could book and pester the small suppliers or record sellers for a small bung to help fund the event plus ticket sales) I know there was only 50 last time but that is almost enough to break even with a couple of friendly trade sponsors

now voldermort is out of the way its likely to get much better attendance

certainly looked like a good day so happy to take a punt = if you could come up the M1 a bit that would be even better for us northerners if a similar hotel wing was available

cheers
    darren

DarrenW, Nov 13, 2010
  20. Richard Dunn

RobHolt Moderator

Over to the membership I think.

If there is some momentum for an event I'll look into it and contact some of the smaller companies for their views.

Or we can look to attend the the Wigwam event, rooms permitting this year.

RobHolt, Nov 14, 2010
Ask a Question