Lost NTSC playback on a Pioneer DVD player

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by larkrise, Jun 12, 2008.

1. larkrise

larkrise Sheepdogs prefer red wine

This may be a long shot - but I have a multi region DVD player a Pioneer DV350. The TV plays pal and ntsc. A year ago I lost the colour on NTSC DVD - a local repair chap sorted it in minutes by holding down buttons and re-setting it. . . . somehow! :confused:. Unfortunately it has gone again and the repair chappie has since gone too - anyone know what I need to do. I gather it is very simple. I rang Pioneer and the pompously announced they only support PAL playback!

larkrise, Jun 12, 2008
  2. larkrise

Dev Moderator

Dev, Jun 12, 2008
  3. larkrise

managed to speak to helpline - hadn't a clue - anyway ta Dev

larkrise, Jun 12, 2008
  4. larkrise

robert_cyrus

My pioneer has a tiny switch on the back that allows you to flick between a couple of video settings, I think 50 and 60 hz? I assume region 2 are in colour, and region 1 in b&w? Have you also tried checking the tv settings, my panasonic allowed you to toggle between ntsc and pal.

robert_cyrus, Jun 12, 2008
  5. larkrise

kmac

saw this on the web..

By pressing and holding in the power button on the player and at the same time press one of the "skip" buttons... you can select the output signaltype.... The choises are NTSC PAL and AUTO...
    This means that you can play REGION1 NTSC DVD`s on your old PAL TV whitout sending the signals through a VCR

www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks/pioneer-dv-350/122

kmac, Jun 12, 2008
  6. larkrise

Thanks KMAC - I saw that too - however it is sorted. Not oly did I have to do the above but the important think was to confirm output to RGB via the menu - then - dah - dah - it works!

Also got on to a friendly chap at Pioneer who did try to help once I pointed out the problem was signal playback not a Region issue - but alas to no avail.

larkrise, Jun 12, 2008
Ask a Question