Lowwwwwwwww Freq

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Chea Johndle, Sep 10, 2003.

1. Chea Johndle

michaelab desafinado

I take it from your remarks that Scotland lost then :D
    Michael.

michaelab, Sep 11, 2003
  2. Chea Johndle

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Yep 2-1. Germany are obviously a better team. And if you get beat by a team that outplays you, you accept it. And though for bits of the game the germans showed their class, we played quite well. In some parts very well infact! However, when a team resorts to play acting and cynical tactics like that it makes their win look less deserved. At 2-1 we looked to be getting back into it. Both goals were soft (keeper saved a long rage shot, and german player ran in unchallenged to set pounce on the left overs, and a penalty). Then had a player Maurice Ross (who I don't particularly rate..... nothing to do with him baing a rangers player mind ;) ), recieve two yellow cards. Both were harsh. He took the ball and the ref looked to be very much influenced by the players and crowd. It's always hard to be unbiased with these things, but I try to be and it just seemed the ref was weak and gave quite a lot for them which he wasn't giving for us.

When we (Celtic) played porto the season before last, we drew at home then got beat 3-1 IIRC away. The away defeat was an honest doing over. Porto outplayed us and deserved it. In the UEFA final last season though, it was close but I feel we were robbed a bit. The ref seemed to go in too easy for their play acting. Not just the acting, but taking about 5 min's to restart the game after they scored. I'd like to see the final again while being a little less soaked up in it.

I've mixed feeling for the champ's league this season. I think we should do ok. But Playing bayern in our first game, will be both good and bad. They're the obvious standard setters in our group, and it will be a good wake up to what to expect. However, if they use similar tactics to their national side then we could pick up some early bookings which if they add up could leave us short of cover toward the end of the group. Our two main *holdin* midfielders are getting on a bit and neither are exactly speedy, and if either pick up bans/injuries (Lambert already has), then we could be found short of cover there.

Aint it great (possibly) my longest post on a hifi forum is about football :D well, apart from a few album reviews at least

Hail Hail!

MO :D

MO!, Sep 12, 2003
  3. Chea Johndle

ilockyer rockin' in the free world

It'd be a shame for Celtic if they can't get both, I've not read any sports news since you posted this so don't know if there's been any developments. Dani & Ivan De La Pena are both very good players, believe Dani had a spell at West Ham on loan a few years ago and made quite a big impact. De La Pena was great during the earlier years of his career, just seems to have lost his way since he went to Lazio. Both would be super acquisitions.

ilockyer, Sep 12, 2003
  4. Chea Johndle

MO! MOnkey`ead!

As far as i'm aware, both were on a fortnight trial. As much to give them a chance to get up to fitness before making a decision as anything. De La Pena appears to have been given a guaranteed offer with Qatar. Strange to hear of someone signing for a club while on trial with another. Dani is still on trial and though he's apparently looking good. He needs to get some fitness back before a decision can be made. Dani also had a stint with Atletico Madrid.

I'd like to see both sign, we lack a bit of creativity at times since Lubomir Moravcik retired, and everything seems to point at the two of these being truly class players who could do a job for us. Both were £10 Million (approx) rated a little while back!

MO!, Sep 13, 2003
Ask a Question