LP test records

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by bottleneck, Oct 20, 2003.

1. bottleneck

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

Been meaning to buy one of these for ages.

I use a stylus gauge and protractor, but from what Ive heard a good test LP lets you get things even better. (Please contradict me if that bollox, you will save me £).

I know about hifi news ''the directors cut'' BUT I dont fancy paying £25 for it perleeeeaaazzzz its only an LP!...

So! Im trying to find one on Netsounds. Ive tried a search on ''hifi news'' - and no hits.... a search on ''test record'' gave me over 250 hits !!! (not what I wanted though)...

Can anyone think of an older test LP that does things like alignment tests etc etc that I might be able to find on the used LP sites? I want to pay less than a tenner really, its only for my peace of mind.

Cheers
    Chris

bottleneck, Oct 20, 2003
  2. bottleneck

Joolsburger

It's worth 25 quid, well I hope so, I bought one.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2003
    Joolsburger, Oct 20, 2003
  3. bottleneck

Goomer

Shure used to do test lp's which were released in conjunction with the various versions of their V15 cartridge, called 'Aural Obstacle Course' I think, and these often come up on ebay if that's any use.

If you do a seach for 'shure test lp' on worldwide items you'll probably find a couple for sale at any one time.

Hope that helps.

Goomer, Oct 20, 2003
Ask a Question