Lyra and dynavector

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by anon_bb, Sep 9, 2005.

1. anon_bb

anon_bb Honey Badger

Anyone heard the lyra titan or top dynavector?

anon_bb, Sep 9, 2005
  2. anon_bb

ReJoyce ... Jason Hector that is.

Yep, sounds superb - possibly the best cartridge ever made? Some people think so, certainly one to consider.

Here's mine:
    [​IMG]

Cheers

Jason

ReJoyce, Sep 9, 2005
  3. anon_bb

anon_bb Honey Badger

Yes I look forward to hearing it and your wt ref if you are likewise interested in hearing the brinkmann!

I have heard the te-katora but the brinkmann EMT was more detailed and dynamic and tighter sounding. I have heard the xv1 is a lot better though so it will be interesting to compare that model with the emt.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2005
    anon_bb, Sep 9, 2005
  4. anon_bb

ReJoyce ... Jason Hector that is.

The TK Rua is a BIG improvement to the TK but the DrT XV-1s is in a different league imho. Really low distortion and phenomenal dynamic contrast. I have not heard enough big cartridges to make too many judgements and the ones I have heard have been on other decks but I am very happy (ecstatic is closer to the mark) with the WTR and XV-1s.

Regards

Jason
    PS. I am in the process of home improvements at the mo. AlexS's WT Classis would give you a flavour and yes, I would like to hear the Brinkmann.

ReJoyce, Sep 9, 2005
  5. anon_bb

anon_bb Honey Badger

Thanks I thought the old KT came closest to the emt out of all the cartridges I have ehard and Alex had already told me the Mk 2 was a big step up. Consequently I have good reason to beleive that the XV1 might beat the EMT - but at double the price.

Perhaps I can listen to both? Is dark lord on ZG? Unfortunately my arrangements for him to come and listen to the brinkmann were cut short on the other f***m due to my b*n.

anon_bb, Sep 9, 2005
  6. anon_bb

pauldixonuk pmc & bryston

Lovely photo rejoyce. There's a pub in Islington down Essex Road with a huge picture like that, in black and white, on the wall. :cool:

pauldixonuk, Sep 9, 2005
Ask a Question