M-Audio Audiophile 24/96 question

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by mutant, Jan 26, 2004.

1. mutant

mutant

was wanting to buy one, and was wondering is there any way to connect to your hifi? If so, is it just line out to line in on the amp, or are there any other ways of connecting?

mutant, Jan 26, 2004
  2. mutant

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

Is is a soundcard or dac? If its a soundcard you can just connect it to your HIFI via by any standard inputs (i.e one without the phono stage).

amazingtrade, Jan 26, 2004
  3. mutant

Paul Ranson

This card has stereo in/out on phono plugs, or S/PDIF in out also on phono plugs.

So if you have a fantastic DAC you can connect digitally to that, otherwise direct to your amp.

Paul

Paul Ranson, Jan 26, 2004
  4. mutant

PBirkett VTEC Addict

Also consider the Terratec EWX24/96 as it is cheaper and is at least as good as the M-Audio (maybe better).

PBirkett, Jan 27, 2004
  5. mutant

joel Shaman of Signals

The 24/96 has standard RCA L/R outputs. Mine is connected into an aux input on my amp (using highly exclusive Canare cables, naturally ;) ). As Paul has mentioned, it also has an spdif output for attachment to a D/A converter.
    I've had my 24/96 for almost four troublefree years. It works, and the software works. There are no doubt better cards out there, but I'm not interested. The one I have does the job.

joel, Jan 28, 2004
Ask a Question