M audio Super dac

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by wadia-miester, Dec 15, 2003.

1. wadia-miester

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Tone has for sale 'The super dac' thats been used as Z/g's project over the last couple months or so.
    It will come with the seperate psu & custom made power cable between it and the psu
    The dac it's self is a 24bit 96Khz capable unit, it has Toslink/rca (gold plated phono's instead of 1/4" jack sockets)/AES/EBU inputs, has single ended/balanced outputs.
    The, single ended opamps have been replaced with Analogue Devices AD825 on small package adapters, further enhanced by biasing into class 'a', all decoupling caps have been replaced with Os-cons/elna's/rubycons, Schottky diodes have been installed, uprated voltage regulators fitted to the +/-15V rails and 5V rail, mods to the receiver chip & O/A wire fitted from circuit board to sockets, case has been internaly damped with dynamatt.
    It sounds pretty damn fair, with the right transport and achillaries, can hold it head up against quite decent kit,
    Reason for sale, I have 6 dac's & I'm starting a new project, it's not taking up much space, however I would like to see it go to a good home.
    Cost £220 to buy & mod, it's approx 1 year old and has not had a great deal of use. £325 ono, a listen is no problem. Tone

wadia-miester, Dec 15, 2003
  2. wadia-miester

Dev Moderator

Y couldn't u do this b4 I bought my DAC20?:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Dev, Dec 15, 2003
  3. wadia-miester

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

ermm...............sorry Dev :( , It was in fact the sound of Timpys dac 20, that was one of the reasons that caused my to start the project in the first place. I'll ask next time :eek: Tone

wadia-miester, Dec 15, 2003
Ask a Question