Mana gone

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Heuer, Jan 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heuer

Heuer

Some of you may recall I ordered a Mana stand back in April and paid £1,000 in advance. As I received nothing or any response from the Company I instituted legal action for recovery of my money.

I have just heard from the Court that Mana Audio has asked to be struck off the Register at Companies House and dissolved. Guess I will not be getting my money or my stand!

Attached Files:

Heuer, Jan 5, 2006
  2. Heuer

Levi_501 Its in The Jeans...

You should be able to go to the creditors meeting as you are an unsecured creditor.

You may get something

Levi_501, Jan 5, 2006
  3. Heuer

Levi_501 Its in The Jeans...

if you go onto companieshouse website Mana Audio Limited company number 04079600 is still active, although there is Proposal to Strike off as you know.

Is it worth a car journey ?

Levi_501, Jan 5, 2006
  4. Heuer

badchamp Thermionic Member

there will a notice from Companies House under Section 652 stating that the company will be dissolved within 3 months from the date of that notice it should be around probably for another couple of months. Having said that there is now a notice 652a(sus) filed (28.12.05) which is notification of the striking off action being suspended. This is often because someone such as the inl rev or Cust and Excise have objected to the striking off.

All is not lost!

Jeff

badchamp, Jan 5, 2006
  5. Heuer

michaelab desafinado

Correct, allthough I wouldn't say that was a sign of hope for Heuer since it usually means that IR or C&E are owed money by the company so they'll be first in line to collect if there's any assets/money available. If there isn't then no one will get anything and after a while IR and/or C&E will realise that and the striking off will eventually go ahead.

The directors are not liable for the debts which effectively just vanish.

Michael.

michaelab, Jan 5, 2006
  6. Heuer

Stereo Mic

Heuer,

there are some very large and very nasty people who will get you your money back for a small percentage - you just need to ask around.

Stereo Mic, Jan 5, 2006
  7. Heuer

SteveGB Guest

SteveGB, Jan 5, 2006
  8. Heuer

ditton happy old soul

good call!

ditton, Jan 5, 2006
  9. Heuer

Markus S Trade

SM, that's pretty disgusting. Do you actually know what you're talking about?

Markus S, Jan 5, 2006
  10. Heuer

anon_bb Honey Badger

It seems doubtful based on past evidence.

anon_bb, Jan 5, 2006
  11. Heuer

penance Arrogant Cock

If he doesn't, I do, and it aint pretty!

penance, Jan 5, 2006
  12. Heuer

Stereo Mic

Yes Markus,

I would have no quibbles were it me in this position, IMHO the directors of the company concerned have behaved in a reprehensible fashion in this case. Months ago they could have offered a settlement. Instead they chose to ignore the plight of an individual for whom £1000 is no doubt a large sum of money.

If Company law seeks to protect such individuals, I am merely pointing out that justice is available through alternative channels. And IMHO, they thoroughly deserve it.

Stereo Mic, Jan 5, 2006
  13. Heuer

Tenson Moderator

I think you should come with a warning label for anyone who does business with you! :eek:

Tenson, Jan 5, 2006
  14. Heuer

Heuer

I did indeed pay by Visa however if you read the small print you will find you have to register a dispute within 30 days of payment. Even if things are going OK you still need to say ' I am unsure'. Visa have tried everything on my behalf, writing and calling ######### but to no avail. They say their indemnity expired after 30 days and as I did not complain they have no liability.

Heuer, Jan 5, 2006
  15. Heuer

anon_bb Honey Badger

Sm - no man is above the law and by making such a statement you proove yourself lower than the people you are condemning. You are advocating breaking the law and that has no place in this (or any other) public forum.

anon_bb, Jan 5, 2006
  16. Heuer

Markus S Trade

That's not just disgusting, that's misguided as well. Company law protects owners of limited companies from the debts of the company. It's what limited companies are about. What kind of company do you work for yourself, SM?

If the director of a company accepts money from someone in good faith of the company being able to fulfill its side of a contract, then that is as it should be. The customer gets the short end of a stick in the deal, but the law has good reasons for allowing limited liabilty companies, and it is up to the customer whether he wants to do business with a limited company or not.

If the director did not act in good faith, company law does not protect him.

What is available through other channels is not justice but revenge. I would have thought that you'd know the difference.

Markus S, Jan 5, 2006
  17. Heuer

Stereo Mic

BBV. I haven't wronged anyone. If I had I would seek to redress that ASAP. It's called morals - something you may be unfamiliar with depending on your age and education.

Personally speaking, if someone tries to take advantage of my faith in human nature, I will make sure they don't try to do the same to anyone else in the future. Call it my social responsibility.

Stereo Mic, Jan 5, 2006
  18. Heuer

Markus S Trade

What kind of company do you work for yourself, SM?

Markus S, Jan 5, 2006
  19. Heuer

Tenson Moderator

If it weren’t a limited company, you would only get a bit more money out of them anyway. Once they have no money, they have no money!

Hmm.. just imagine if Bill Gates was responsible for the debts of Microsoft should it all go tits up!

Tenson, Jan 5, 2006
  20. Heuer

anon_bb Honey Badger

That is what the law is for - what you are describing is being a vigilante. As Markus said its a thin line between justice and revenge. Your comments indicate that you regard your moral superiority as placing you in a position to act outside the law. Who are you to define yourself so? Your comments about age, education etc demonstrate beyond any doubt that you are not suitable for the post to which you are appointing yourself. Advocating such methods is anything but moral. True morals means accepting that the price of not becoming the bad guys is sometimes letting the bad guys get away.

In this case it hasnt been proved that Mana deserve "punishing" yet which makes my point even more moot. Its a misfortune but perhaps the directors are not guilty of ripping anyone off. Companies go bankrupt all the time.

anon_bb, Jan 5, 2006
Ask a Question