Mana gone

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Heuer, Jan 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heuer

Ian Wright

Hi KennyK,

"it is in fact easy to see what continued discussion of this will achieve: it might stop somebody else from getting ripped off by this 'businessman'."

So how long do you want to discuss this for to achieve your aim?

Are you going to do this for all Hi-Fi companies that evidence suggests are in trouble?

Ian

Ian Wright, Jan 6, 2006
  2. Heuer

kennyk thecrossovernetwork.com

not even to the proposal to strike off?
    :rolleyes:

kennyk, Jan 6, 2006
  3. Heuer

Ian Wright

"not even to the proposal to strike off?"

No I don't as I am not involved in the running of the company. I just help to moderate the forum.

Ian

Ian Wright, Jan 6, 2006
  4. Heuer

michaelab desafinado

Done. It was getting absurd I agree.
    Michael.

michaelab, Jan 6, 2006
  5. Heuer

no, just the ones that ignore it and try to pretend it's not happening.
    had there been an official statement from the company on their forum, or website, outlining the situation, you might find that some slack would be given. given the propensity thus far for Mana behaving like an ostrich, surely people should be warned? put yourself in the situation that you've just lost £1000 from a company.

kennyk, Jan 6, 2006
  6. Heuer

Bradders

And removing the censorship of the word mana will change this?

Ladies, why not just leave this to the law, I'm sure enough noise has been made to ward off potential customers now.

Bradders, Jan 6, 2006
  7. Heuer

no, but at least its clear that we're not discussing French connection UK ;) :D

kennyk, Jan 6, 2006
  8. Heuer

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

call me sick, but I thought adding m ana to the swear filter was really funny :D

bottleneck, Jan 6, 2006
  9. Heuer

greg Its a G thing

Ian - it would be helpful and reasonable to users of the Mana forum if the subject of Mana's winding up was made clear there - to ensure potential customers do not place orders.

Censoring the Mana forum by removing any comments which explain the situation is tantamount to fraud (without prejudice) if any forum user remains of the opnion that Mana is a going concern and ordering a stand is likely to result in delivery.

To pretend all is well is not fair and not honest IMO.

greg, Jan 6, 2006
  10. Heuer

Ian Wright

"Censoring the Mana forum"

I help moderate the Mana forum and have not moderated anything to do with this subject.

Ian

Ian Wright, Jan 6, 2006
  11. Heuer

michaelab desafinado

Ian, you haven't censored anything AFAIK. However...I'm going to sign up there and start a thread pointing out the application to be struck off in an as factual and neutral way as is possible. I'll be very surprised if JW allows it to remain.

Michael.

Edit: my posting privileges are currently pending approval by "the administrator".

michaelab, Jan 6, 2006
  12. Heuer

greg Its a G thing

My apologies Ian, I was actually referring to the overall moderation rather than your specific role. Are you saying no censorship has or will take place of threads referring to these matters?

greg, Jan 6, 2006
  13. Heuer

Ian Wright

Greg,

I have not censored (thanks for identifying the difference Michael) or moderated anything to do with this so far. I can't guarantee that I won't in the future because I don't know what someone will write.

Ian

Ian Wright, Jan 6, 2006
  14. Heuer

greg Its a G thing

Ian - I'm not asking you to say you will not moderate in the future, I'm asking whether other moderators have censored this subject to date? You've made it clear that you have not censored this subject in the past.

greg, Jan 6, 2006
  15. Heuer

michaelab desafinado

Well, 'Cav' started a very polite thread on the Mana forum entitled "Trading Status of Mana" simply asking what the situation was and that other forums were making reference to it and that thread has now been nixed without comment so there seems little point in me trying something similar (assuming I ever get posting privileges).

I'm assuming it wasn't Ian who deleted the thread but JW himself. If so he's doing himself no favours at all. He should either allow people to discuss the issue or suspend the forum completely. A censored forum that gives out the impression that everything is just fine and dandy is the worst possible situation.

Michael.

michaelab, Jan 6, 2006
  16. Heuer

Heuer

Someone killed my original post on the Mana forum when I (politely) asked if others were experiencing delays in delivery back in October. The result was the deletion of my post, suspension of my posting privileges (my posts are still vetted and rarely get on), closing the Mana Forum to new members and new member pre-approval required as michaelab found out. All my fault it seems.

The Small Claims Court have written saying in view of the Company wind up I should seek expert legal advice and employ a Solicitor. Basically they are bowing out, so another £80 down the drain. I know of someone else who was in a similar situation and followed the same Small Claims route. He got his stand mid-December.

Seems Mana decided I was a trouble maker by going public and should be punished accordingly!

Heuer, Jan 6, 2006
  17. Heuer

Bradders

There is a thread on Mana asking this very question, so let's wait and see if it's answered.

Bradders, Jan 6, 2006
  18. Heuer

michaelab desafinado

Bradders, as I pointed out, Cav started an almost identical thread and it was pulled. I don't see any reason that the current one will be treated any differently.

michaelab, Jan 6, 2006
  19. Heuer

Heuer

Tried to add my two pence worth to the New Orders thread on the Mana forum and got:

"Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Sorry, you do not have permission to reply to that topic"

Heuer, Jan 6, 2006
  20. Heuer

michaelab desafinado

michaelab, Jan 6, 2006
Ask a Question