Mana gone

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Heuer, Jan 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heuer

greg Its a G thing

Absolutely.

Especially when Ian himself is implying things are fine by referring to his own successful delivery. I'm sure he is telling it like it is - for him - but if the opposing view is not allowed to be expressed, then the picture is not accurate, reasonable or fair. I hate to say it, but, taken in the round, it could be seen by some as deceipt.

greg, Jan 6, 2006
  2. Heuer

Heuer

Finally got into the Forum to add to the new Order thread but my response has to be "approved by a moderator" before being posted!

Heuer, Jan 6, 2006
  3. Heuer

michaelab desafinado

greg - I would have to agree with you.

michaelab, Jan 6, 2006
  4. Heuer

Tenson Moderator

Michael, do you think it is worth mentioning on there that Heuer is still waiting for his? Or maybe even mentioning the existence of this thread.

Tenson, Jan 6, 2006
  5. Heuer

michaelab desafinado

I think that (both) might be counter-productive. I don't want to give JW any unnecessary reasons to delete my posts!

michaelab, Jan 6, 2006
  6. Heuer

Ian Wright

Hi Greg,

"Especially when Ian himself is implying things are fine by referring to his own successful delivery. I'm sure he is telling it like it is - for him - but if the opposing view is not allowed to be expressed, then the picture is not accurate, reasonable or fair. I hate to say it, but, taken in the round, it could be seen by some as deceipt."

I didn't state that things were fine. I stated that after a long wait my stands were delivered. Thereby suggesting that that was likely to be the case for others.

Ian

Ian Wright, Jan 6, 2006
  7. Heuer

garyi Wish I had a Large Member

It would be hilarious if Mana finally came up with a great website to promote their all new singing and dancing rack with built in attitude.

Of course at this stage of the game even that would be a damp squib.

garyi, Jan 6, 2006
  8. Heuer

alanbeeb Grumpy young fogey

The entire thread on the Mana forum appears to have been deleted in last few minutes.

alanbeeb, Jan 6, 2006
  9. Heuer

penance Arrogant Cock

Says it all..

penance, Jan 6, 2006
  10. Heuer

Tenson Moderator

Seems just as bad a lying to me.

Tenson, Jan 6, 2006
  11. Heuer

michaelab desafinado

As I expected. Pretty outrageous behaviour IMO.
    Michael.

michaelab, Jan 6, 2006
  12. Heuer

greg Its a G thing

Ian - but the salient point that an application, signed by JW, to strike the company is not being made plain to users and is in fact fair and honest reference to it is deleted. Yet your jovial and confidence building comment (I quote):

"someone told mana is no longer building gear "

I picked up my Mana speaker stands a week ago so that doesn't seem to be the case.

Ian

Is not deleted and presents a seemingly trouble free picture to potential buyers. If the company is no longer solvent and if people are still placing orders (two if's we cannot be 100% certain about) to many it may appear, whether it is intentional or not, you are operating in a complicit manner with JW who is clearly acting to hide certain information deliberately.

He would appear to many to be a Company Director not acting in good faith considering the circumstances. As a Director of a UK Limited Company I'm wholly unimpressed.

greg, Jan 6, 2006
  13. Heuer

Tenson Moderator

Would it be pointless to bring in trading standards to shut down the website? I'm not quite sure what grounds that can be done under... if they are taking people’s money knowing they can not fulfil the order then that is thievery I think. Send the police round lol! It is just the same as someone on eBay taking your money knowing they don't have the item to send you.

Tenson, Jan 6, 2006
  14. Heuer

Heuer

Trading while insolvent is an offence. The form Watson signed on page one of this thread expicitly says the Company has not traded for 3 months or has disposed of any assets in that time. Supplying Ian with a stand would fall into both those categories regardless if he ordered it eons ago.

A letter to Companies House might be the good citizen thing to do?

I am also a Director of a UK Limited Company and I fully understand the responsibility I have to our employees, our customers and creditors. Mana are behaving very badly notwithstanding my own financial interest.

Heuer, Jan 6, 2006
  15. Heuer

Tenson Moderator

Bloody right!

Tenson, Jan 6, 2006
  16. Heuer

Saab

Ian

can you explain how you and some others managed to go and collect your purchase yet Heuer couldn't? I am not for one minute suggesting a conspiracy,but I asked the question in PFM and it was wiped,yet you had already stated this as fact,you got your product.Surely either all the sales should have been available or none,why only some?

Saab, Jan 6, 2006
  17. Heuer

penance Arrogant Cock

I hate grassing, dobbing or whatever you call it, but this does seem to be a case where it may be a good idea.

For a business to suffer and start going under is not nice, but for that business to then try and continue to obtain money from potential customers is unjust and just plain wrong. This JW character deserves all he gets from this, Maybe Stereo Mic's idea is not so far off the mark!

penance, Jan 6, 2006
  18. Heuer

Saab

He not only obtained money when he couldn't supply,but he was supplying some customers,and not others.Heuer at least deserves an explanation why some customers such as IanW could collect thier goods and Heuer couldn't

Saab, Jan 6, 2006
  19. Heuer

JonR

For IanW,

Out of interest, what was the actual period of time that elapsed between you ordering your stands and then being able to go and pick them up?

The implication, from your earlier postings, seems to be that Heuer should have waited at least as long as you before enquiring about his order.

Quite apart from which, rather than firefighting threads like this and the one running concurrently on PFM, might it not be worth having a word in JW's ear to find out what he has to say about all this? Repeatedly quashing posts about Mana's current situation, whatever that actually happens to be, on his own forum, without comment is only going to invite more questions and bad feeling elsewhere.

Regards,

Jon

JonR, Jan 6, 2006
  20. Heuer

DylanFan Returned to Vinyl!

Mana

Here is a thread I started on Mana - it lasted all of 3 views and 3 mins before being removed!

"Shot in the Foot
    An important thread appears to have gone missing! For those who weren't aware, a legitimate question had been asked about the apparent application by Mana to 'be struck off' at Companies House. This naturally resulted in the associated question being asked about outstanding orders and the delivery or otherwise of Mana equipment which had been ordered and paid for.

A response by Mana is overdue. There is already significant dialogue on other fora - ZeroGain, PFM, Wigwam - and speculation will continue until Mana gives its view on the situation. It is counter productive to Mana and disrespectful to both loyal customers and potential new custmers not to respond openly. A cogent response is the least which should be expected"

If anybody from Mana is reading this, maybe they would like to respond before the whole thing gets out of hand

DylanFan, Jan 6, 2006
Ask a Question