Mana gone

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Heuer, Jan 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heuer

Markus S Trade

Barnie,

I'm curious. Avondale got something wrong with an order from you and you were outraged, enough so to start a forum of your own (now apparently dormant) to tell the world about it. Even a year or two later you still feel moved to rant about this on the Mana forum.

Mana got something wrong with an order from Heuer and you leap to their defense.

Double standards?

Markus S, Jan 8, 2006
  2. Heuer

Stereo Mic

Ian,

many thanks for the clarification.

My comments re your position were based on the fact that you are charged with moderating a forum, but find that someone else is deleting threads and accounts on a regular basis to deny factual reporting on the board.

Given this situation, I had assumed that you would have no alternative other than to resign and distance yourself from the operation. Surely you position there has become both untenable and potentially damaging?

Stereo Mic, Jan 8, 2006
  3. Heuer

The Devil IHTFP

John says "jump!", you say "how high?"

The Devil, Jan 8, 2006
  4. Heuer

Darren555

Ian, I too don't understand why you would tolerate such action and continue to moderate the forum?
    Considering that deletion of threads is still continuing, whether you like it or not your continued presence can be read as complicity which I am sure you are not guilty of.

Darren555, Jan 8, 2006
  5. Heuer

lordsummit moderate mod

Can we perhaps remember that part of the AUP that does not permit arguments from other forums to be held here. This argument is becoming rather circular.
    Ian will have to do as Ian will. If JW has supplied others and not Heuer, that seems spiteful and invidious. That is however JW's choice and not Ian's. If JW has breached the law in some way regarding the winding up of the company that too will out eventually.
    I repeat if JW want's to impart his point of view he is welcome to register and do so.

lordsummit, Jan 8, 2006
  6. Heuer

The Devil IHTFP

IanW is tarred with the same brush, by association.

The Devil, Jan 8, 2006
  7. Heuer

ditton happy old soul

I've just read

http://mana.server909.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=544

I've nothing against the product - I was happy owner of a 4-tier, nor against the company per se, but I must say that the 'positive' postings seem like misleading whitewash if this company has stopped trading.

ditton, Jan 8, 2006
  8. Heuer

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

Ian

As a moderator, don't you feel you should inform the members of your own forum of the proceedings taking place at companies house?

Im not talking about starting a debate on the topic, simply informing the people on the forum that mana isn't 're-tooling' or any other such nonsense, that there are in fact more serious problems.

As a moderator I personally feel its something that needs doing urgently..

bottleneck, Jan 8, 2006
  9. Heuer

Stereo Mic

It is of course possible that JW is closing the company down as a means of walking away from any debts, whilst intending to start up as another entity selling the same product (patent has expired).

The hifi industry seems littered with examples of this kind of behavior, but supplying goods following the request for striking off, and whilst having unsatisfied creditors, does not seem a sensible way of going about this, particularly if JW intends to hold a directorial role in any new company.

Stereo Mic, Jan 8, 2006
  10. Heuer

Barnie

Hi Markus,

No, not double standards - two completely different situations!

comment removed as it is potentially libellous, and Zerogain will not allow such comments to be posted on the board .

Heuer has been unfortunate to have been caught up with a company in trouble, he has my sympathy.

JW has not intentionally caused this situation and will have made every effort to fullfil the order - he is NOT a fraud nor a liar! I know this NOT because we've spoken about it, but because I know JW's personality in depth, having been a personal friend for 25 years!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2006
    Barnie, Jan 8, 2006
  11. Heuer

lordsummit moderate mod

If there are any more references to arguments that have occurred on other fora, I shall simply delete them.
    Thanks

lordsummit, Jan 8, 2006
  12. Heuer

Ian Wright

I have already explained what my role as a moderator is in the post above. I have nothing to do with Mana business matters.

I took on the role of moderator as a favour. I said I would do this until the forum folded. If I say that I am going to do something I do it.

Clearly Mana and one of it's customers is having a difficult time. I am not going to add to Mana's difficulties by not moderating the forum.

Whilst I would like to see some clarification (it can only come from John Watson and not from me), can someone explain why if Mana are taking no orders (based on everyone saying that Mana is contacting no one) and are closing down (fileing for closure) it is essential that I resign from moderating the forum?

People have lost jobs and income here, we have lost a company that was prepared to be different and made a popular product, Heuer has lost his money and a few people here are going on about me not moderating the Mana forum because the owner has pulled a few threads questioning the status of his company....

Ian

Ian Wright, Jan 8, 2006
  13. Heuer

Stereo Mic

Censorship.

Stereo Mic, Jan 8, 2006
  14. Heuer

Markus S Trade

Could someone please explain the concept of 'friendship' to a few posters here?

Markus S, Jan 8, 2006
  15. Heuer

Ian Wright

In this case me saying that I would moderate the forum takes precedence.

ZG and PFM (both having large readerships) have large threads going through all this in some detail. Mana is a very small forum.

So the issue of censorship (in an area that I have never had any repsonsibility, nor want any) at the moment is a small one for me. Also you have no idea whether there will be a message explaining Mana's status in the very near future. They may be waiting for the closure to actually happen or for a wide range of other reasons.

Ian

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2006
    Ian Wright, Jan 8, 2006
  16. Heuer

Markus S Trade

Removed as we do not wish arguments from other fora to be perpetuated on Zerogain

Whether JW has made every effort to fulfill Heuer's order is not in question. The question is whether he should have accepted the order, and the money, in the first place, and I agree with others here that only JW can give us a satisfactory answer to that.

PR-wise, the whole thing must have been an unmitigated disaster for Mana. I can't understand why Mana have allowed this to happen. Especially in times of trouble, communication is important.

Part of having honour is standing up when one is in trouble, take the anger of the customers on the chin and keep them informed about the process. Medium and long term, this will mean much better customer relations than hiding your head in the sand and pretending nothing's happened.

If you're a friend of JW's, may I suggest you talk to him and see what you can do to help.

Markus S, Jan 8, 2006
  17. Heuer

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

Ive put a post up following the above thread, just to inform people of the attachment at the beginning of this thread, nothing more.

We will have to see if it appears (and stays) on the forum. I hope it can.

Cheers
    Chris

bottleneck, Jan 8, 2006
  18. Heuer

avanzato

Was that on the 'Order Form' thread as I saw a post earlier but now it's gone.
    Don't think I'm allowed to say what I think of the situation. :rolleyes:

avanzato, Jan 8, 2006
  19. Heuer

Barnie

Markus, I will try, but IMO he owes nobody here a public explanation...

You cannot order Mana via the website/forum and IMO the forum still exists purely for the benefit of customers past - current owners of Mana products.... NOT for a bunch of sad nerds that wish to liven up their day at someone elses expense!

Barnie, Jan 8, 2006
  20. Heuer

Stereo Mic

Barnie,

Have you not stopped to think that it may well be because of the attitude of people like you, Mr Pig, Mar*** and others over the past few years, that some people are more than interested in the demise of the cult?

JW doesn't owe anyone a public explanation, other than himself of course.

Stereo Mic, Jan 8, 2006
Ask a Question