Marantz CD7300KI v. CD6000KI

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Emiliano, Sep 20, 2004.

1. Emiliano

Emiliano

How does Marantz's latest offering compare to the older component?

I have read nothing to suggest that it's better or even in the same league.

In which case why was the older cdp discontinued? Just for the sake of marketing?

Emiliano, Sep 20, 2004
  2. Emiliano

Will The Lucky One

As far as I am aware (as of yet) there is no CD7300 KI, just the 'normal' 7300.

One thing though, comparing the 6000 KI and the 7300, the former was (when new) a ~£500 player and the latter a ~£300 player, and naturally the greater cost will enable the 6000 KI to have components that make it sound better even though the 7300 is newer. The age difference is not massive so the tech in the newer player not massively different - IIRC both use the same Philips VAM1201 mechanism, so not much difference there.

The 7300 was/is the replacement for the 6000 OSE LE with a better (now 24/96) DAC chip, MP3 playback capability and pitch control, but this doesn't mean its comparable to the 6000 KI Sig, just as the 6000 OSE LE wasn't really comparable to the KI version, both in price and performance.

Will, Sep 20, 2004
  3. Emiliano

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

Please note that pitch control will adversely affect the sound of the player as it introduces jitter, even if you leave it at 0 setting.

I-S, Sep 20, 2004
  4. Emiliano

LiloLee Blah, Blah, Blah.........

Issac

Have you measured the jitter effect in the Marantz 7300 with the pitch control and then by passed and then subsequently done some testing by ear?

Unless you have be careful about what you say, you could be wrong ;)

LiloLee, Sep 20, 2004
  5. Emiliano

Ultrasonic Bo selecta!!

I think the earilier the Ki cd players are the better 1s, for instance the cd17Ki mkI is suppose to be the best and also the cd63Ki is seen as abit of a classic, with the cd6000Ki nearly achieving the same status. As far as im aware there isnt actually a cd7300Ki yet but maybe in the future. I remember reading somewhere that some1 rang marantz up enquiring about their cd players and was told that the cd6000Ose le was in fact superior to their newer model... :rolleyes:

If u can get hold of eitehr a cd63Ki or cd6000Ki for a good price grab it!

Ultra

Ultrasonic, Sep 21, 2004
Ask a Question