Marantz PM7001

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by DaveJ, Jan 21, 2006.

1. DaveJ

DaveJ

I went into superfi to get my hands on a nice new PM7200 for £200 but they said all shops have run out of them now:( However the sales guy said the PM7001 has replaced it now and is a better amp...anyone had any experience of these? Marantz seem to have ditched the class AB switching on this model.

DaveJ, Jan 21, 2006
  2. DaveJ

DaveJ

Can't find much info. on this amp but here's what I found on another forum about a dutch review of the amp...
    The PM7001 amp
    The reviewer didn't find any information on the internet about this amp...so he was the first one to review this amp.
    He couldn't believe the PM 7001 sounded almost as good as his reference: the Hovland/Marsh high-end combination.
    Almost the same insight and neutrality..only after long listening sessions the Marantz comes short (in comparison with the Hovland/Marsh set) in the control department (in more complex musical pieces), in timing and focus and it also appeared to be less airy than the expensive Hovland/Marsh combination.

Never in his life he had listened to a set that offers that much quality for a low price.
    Also HiFi Choice are to review it in May.

DaveJ, Jan 25, 2006
  3. DaveJ

divad68

I'm interested in this amp, too as I recently bought a NAD C352 and find that the bass doesn't seem to extend that deep (although it is quite punchy). Anyway, I have the option of exchanging it for the PM7001, so would be keen to hear from anyone who has experienced it yet.

divad68, Mar 26, 2006
Ask a Question