Marketing Fidelity amps and CDs

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Nomoretweaks, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Nomoretweaks

Nomoretweaks Tourist on tilt

I was amused by the recent upsurge of MF "Anniversary limited edition" superamps and CDPs - all those "affordable higher end" huge shiny boxes with glowing feet and lots or stuff inside. And here we go another amp and CDP - A5 series - look much more modest and almost empty inside (apparently no more chokes claimed to be the essential part of their designs), and still (as they say in the mag) they sound EVEN BETTA!!!! What do you think guys, is it all just one long shameless marketing exercise or all these boxes are still worth some attention?

Nomoretweaks, Jan 4, 2005
  2. Nomoretweaks

amdworld

high end!!! interesting i wont mention any names or manufacturers but recently i had conversation with a designer/r & d bod for a uk hifi cottage manufactuer.
    quite shockingly what determined a high end design or product from his view was that you can have a good internal design but the selling or status point really came down to the chasis/layout design.he quoted he looks at many internal design and builds his own designs and many could simply be placed in a low cost suitable casing with a basic layout of controls and given a £500 price tag .it would not sound any diiferent to a product that perhaps has had the gold star treatment given to the casing and layout that carries a £1500 or more price tag.
    also the high end status also is determined by the production run .if a uk manufacturer bites the bullet and produces in excess of 5000 units or more it is very unlikely to find its way into the high end league.simply to move 5000 units or more the product would find its way into every hifi store losing its unique appeal status!.however a typical uk hifi cottage manufactuer is unlikely to produce that many perhaps only a handfull which therefore pushes the final retail or selling cost far higher.

has for musical fidelity for as long as i can remember there pr quotes have always had that direction.simply if you like what you hear and see go buy it ,i think only a fool in this hobby would buy blind.

bye brian.

amdworld, Jan 5, 2005
  3. Nomoretweaks

taz

lets be honest mf don't make any wilder claims than anyone else they just shout louder
    all companies making hifi gear are after the best profit they can get if you believe otherwise your not living in the real world !

taz, Jan 5, 2005
  4. Nomoretweaks

Tube_Dude

Definitively, a post that I agree 100 %!!!

Well done... Taz :MILD:

Tube_Dude, Jan 5, 2005
Ask a Question