Martin Logan Clarity - for sale as amp can't cope....

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Tim F, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Tim F

Tim F

Bah! had these for around 2 weeks, unfortuantely due to the impedance curve on the speakers my 300B's aren't coping well with them. This is really annoying but I love my 300B's!

Wonderful transparency, imaging, realism. The mid and treble are magnificent on these, bass is just about acceptable from the 300B's but I need to really turn them up to get much output, amps can't provide enough current. Can't explain enough how detailed these are, most speakers compared are like listenning through fog!

I've upgraded the internal padding to wool (proper stuff not a jumper :) ) which has helped tighten up the bass a lot, I have the original stuff so you can put this back if you want. I also have some bitchuman padding on the way which will help things further (as per the ML forum). I can discuss this later but all mods are reversable. Few small scratches on the front but none different to how I picked them up.

I have stood these on marble tiles which you can have as well (2 of them).

Only looking for what I paid which is £1k, obviously all the new tweaking material is included. No offers, unless you want some sort of PX but would have to be good speakers!

Collection from Twickenham - I do have boxes but don't wish to post.

Thanks, Tim

Reviews here...

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/Magazine/equipment/1203/martinloganclarity.htm

http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/gi_0199-830026/MartinLogan-Clarity-electrostatic-dynamic-hybrid.html

Tim F, Sep 17, 2009
  2. Tim F

Tim F

bump

Tim F, Sep 21, 2009
  3. Tim F

Tim F

bump

Tim F, Sep 29, 2009
  4. Tim F

Tim F

bump