Martin Logan Stylo's or Clarity

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by UpsideDown, Dec 6, 2006.

1. UpsideDown

UpsideDown

Does anyone have experience with Martin Logan's in an AV setup. The models I'm specifically thinking about are the Stylo's and Clarity. At present I'm using Monitor Audio Silver 6's as the main front pair which do the business but I want the clarity of electrostatics. I did audition a pair of Quad ESL 63's which were so clear but the bass just did not extend enough.

UpsideDown, Dec 6, 2006
  2. UpsideDown

hsam

Get a pair of Aerius I. They are so so good.(also with the bass)

hsam, Dec 6, 2006
  3. UpsideDown

Garmt

I have a complete ML surround setup. They are fantastic for AV use! I would use the Clarity and Stage up front and the Script as surrounds (they need to be mounted on the wall). But I don't know your budget nor your listening situation, so you might well be able to place floorstanding speakers as surrounds as well. In that case, go for the Clarity fore and aft.

You also might go the 2nd hand route. Here, the Aeon and Aerius are really sweet models.

Garmt, Dec 6, 2006
  4. UpsideDown

zanash

I run aerius i's .......they are very good ....but not to everyones tastes.

I've not heard the clarity...but felt the script was too small [?] or just not right...

zanash, Dec 7, 2006
  5. UpsideDown

Garmt

The Script is very limited in the bass, NOT suitable for music duties. The Clarity also does not sound as grown up in the bass as the Aerius i, but is aerier... ;)

Garmt, Dec 7, 2006
  6. UpsideDown

UpsideDown

Guys, thanks for your help. I think it will be the ML Vantage or possibly the Quad 2905, ableit, if the wife agrees to the finance side of things.

UpsideDown, Feb 6, 2007
Ask a Question