Matched Quad - Electro Harmonix KT88-EH For Sale

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Yellow, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Yellow

Yellow

FOR SALE

Matched Quad of Electro Harmonix KT88 valves.

I have never used these in my system, and they were sold to me as brand new. They certainly look clean and new, but I can't vouch for the authenticity of my seller's claims. I am obviously more than happy to fix these valves into my system to check that they work.

http://www.worldaudiodesign.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19710

Hi-Fi Collective sell these for £25+VAT (£29.37) each plus P&P.

I am open to sensible offers, and will not split the valves.

Please email or 'PM' me if interested. Postage in the UK should come to around £6 and will only ship to within the UK

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2005
    Yellow, Apr 29, 2005
  2. Yellow

rsand I can't feel my toes

Tempted with these as spares. Does anyone know which brand Quad fit in their II40's and how these Electro Harmonix compare?

rsand, Apr 29, 2005
  3. Yellow

Yellow

Let me say this....

....I have had the Svetlana 6550C, Valve Art 6550 and Tung Sol 6550 in my amp. In my opinion the EH KT88 come very, very close to the Tung Sol's. They have a much more open and forward sound than the Svetlana's and Valve Art's. These two sound utterly great - I'm not slagging them off at all, but the KT88EH just has a bit of an edge. Bass is deeper and tighter. Top-end is smoother and the mids are much more open, airy and detailed - without question.

I love these valves. I have two sets and am happy to sell my spare set to one lucky owner!!!!!!

Best wishes,

Yellow.

Yellow, Apr 29, 2005
Ask a Question