matching

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by amir, Jan 8, 2005.

1. amir

amir

hi guys
    i have
    NAD C541i
    Krell kav 300iL
    Dynaudio Audience 82

sound is good if not highend and speakers are under control.
    my friend changed my player to shanling T200 and sound were not in control in bass area and i believe shanling is far better than NAD but i don't know what's happening. please tell me where is problem?
    thanks

amir, Jan 8, 2005
  2. amir

lordsummit moderate mod

Were you using the valve outputs on the Shanling. If you did try the solid state ones that might improve it.

lordsummit, Jan 8, 2005
  3. amir

ListeningEar

Believe your ears above market hype, there seems to be a huge influx of valve equipment on the market at the moment and while there are some very nice products you can not judge every product as being good just because it uses valves!
    I have given the Shanling's a listen several times now especially at CES last year in Las Vegas and all I can say is that they would not be on my buy list. But each to their own.
    If the Shanling is lacking in your system and you feel that the NAD is not quite there either, try the Musical Fidelity A3.2 CD player. What I have heard of this player seems to be very good I especially liked the A series DAC.
    We also tested the Consonance SACD CD player (which again has a valve stage), and we were not impressed at all, very dry and uninvolving with unrealistic imaging.

ListeningEar, Jan 8, 2005
  4. amir

amir

yes, my friend used tube output of shanling. you think tube output can not match with krell input impedance?

amir, Jan 8, 2005
  5. amir

ListeningEar

Would have to compare the specs of each equipment (maybe you could look into that amir). Musical Fidelity X-series buffer seems to be getting a good response, but I understand the new version 3 is limited to only 4800 units.
    Seen a couple on ebay for sale and as you can expect when a manufacturer announces that an item is limited, the ebay sellers are trying to get top money.
    The buffer would solve any mis-match between CD and amplifier (theoretically, although I have not tested or used one).

ListeningEar, Jan 8, 2005
  6. amir

amir

Thanks ListeningEar
    i want to buy mark levinson no.390S but i'm waiting to listenning it and musical fidelity have no dealer in my country

amir, Jan 8, 2005
Ask a Question