MCSE now or wait?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by amazingtrade, May 21, 2007.

1. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

I am thinking of doing an MCSE in MS Server 2003 but its due to be replaced in November. Am I better of waiting for then or will it take ages for the new course to come out?

I will be going down the self study root (I already have a computing degree which covered much of the MCSE content).

amazingtrade, May 21, 2007
  2. amazingtrade

mr cat Member of the month

don't waste ya money on an MCSE - not really worth the paper its written on IMO...

mr cat, May 21, 2007
  3. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

Some of the stuff will be quite handy though :)

amazingtrade, May 21, 2007
  4. amazingtrade

la toilette Downright stupid

Probably a good qualification to get if you're self-employed though - prospective clients like that kind of thing, even if they have no idea what it is....:)

I'm contemplating applying for membership to the guild of master craftsmen for the same reason. It actually means little apart from that you have provided good service to the selected clients that you refer them to for feedback (they don't actually inspect the quality of your work themselves), and that you're willing to pay them £several hundred to join their gang and display their logo. Or am I just being cynical? :eek:

la toilette, May 21, 2007
  5. amazingtrade

aquapiranha

MCSE is highly over rated and many employers have wised up to it, often they want people with demonstrable experience as well as bits of paper. If you do go for it, good luck, and dont forget that there are many many places using 2003, and they will continue to do so for years to come.

aquapiranha, May 22, 2007
Ask a Question