Meadowlark Kestel Hot rod manual??

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by johnandchris, Jun 16, 2009.

1. johnandchris

johnandchris

Does anyone have one of these left over from an old pair that they no longer have?
    Or does anyone have/know where to get a digital copy?

Grateful of any help.
    Kind regards
    John

johnandchris, Jun 16, 2009
  2. johnandchris

robert_cyrus

John, I have a shearwater hot rod manual at home - the slightly bigger brother - so if you get nowhere with the kestrel manual it might be the next best thing. Send me a pm if you want a copy; I can scan and email you a pdf file (dont think I'll find the original digital file!)

robert_cyrus, Jun 17, 2009
  3. johnandchris

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

I know I have the manual for my Kestrel 2s, but not sure that I ever had one for my hotrods - I'll check when I go down to parent's place next (they have the hotrods now).

What is it you want to know? Or just want to have it available?

I-S, Jun 17, 2009
  4. johnandchris

johnandchris

Hello Isaac.

I would like a copy, however i am more interested in pairing them. I am contemplating buying a michi passive pre amp and michi power amp. Would this be a good match?

Thanks
    John

johnandchris, Jun 17, 2009
  5. johnandchris

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

I don't know what the michi is like at the low end - hopefully a little better than the rotel 971 which begins rolling off at 120Hz and can thus sound rather lean.

The Kestrels can go surprisingly deep for a speaker of their size, and they thrive on powerful, punchy amplifiers.

In your position I'd think about keeping the RC995, and get a pair of NAD C272s if you can find them. Use the bridging cables you have with the 272s, and you will have an extremely nice power amp setup for the kestrels. Maybe later on look at alternate preamps, although I'd have reservations over trying to drive the cable length for monos from a passive.

I variously ran my kestrels with an RA-971, RA-971 + RB-971 (biamped, made no difference to sound) and the NAD S300. The S300 went very nicely with them.

I-S, Jun 18, 2009
  6. johnandchris

Zerowaf

Hey,
    I realize how old this post is, but all the same, I was wondering if you still had the manual to the Shearwater HRs? I own these speakers and would love to have a copy, if only in digital form...
    Thanks,
    Z

Zerowaf, Mar 25, 2011
  7. johnandchris

Dev Moderator

Bearing in mind the age of Robert's post, it might be worth sending him a PM.

Dev, Mar 26, 2011
  8. johnandchris

Zerowaf

Yeah, I did just that immediately after making my post. Thanks, Dev!

Zerowaf, Mar 27, 2011
Ask a Question