Meadowlark Kestrel Hot Rods

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Bourney, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Bourney

Bourney

well, after playing around for hours and hours with these in my new house i cannot get the bass to balance with the mid & treble unless i have them out of the alcoves and 3 ft from the back wall That aint gonna happen!) and even then the top end is a bit smooth for my tastes. ive put a on old pair of front ported very small Missions on and even these are booming a bit :( its convinced me that i will not get them to work to my taste. god knows what i will try next. in my last room i had a bass suck out!!

so i will offer them back to the forum from which i bought them at the same price of £300.

they are boxed and in Rosewood which looks more what is called Ebony on modern speakers. lots of black detail to the grain. they have some knocks, as per Lorsummits previous ad for these some time ago. i have coloured them with a black paint pen and they do not stand out as they did and could be made good quite easily.

seeing as these were over $1500 new ( i think..please correct me if i am wrong) i think the price is very good even taking into account the small cosmetic issues.

I'll take some pics in good light tomorrow afternoon if anyone is interested. these are the hot rod versions and quite revered from what i have read.

Bourney, Apr 16, 2008
  2. Bourney

Will The Lucky One

Where abouts are you based? Seriously tempted at that price...

Will, Apr 16, 2008
  3. Bourney

Bourney

hi Will i am about 25 miles from you in Stoke.

Bourney, Apr 17, 2008
  4. Bourney

Bourney

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

these dont really do them justice but it gives you an idea at least.

Bourney, Apr 17, 2008
  5. Bourney

Will The Lucky One

Hmmm 25 miles, bit further than that methinks :D but still close enough!

Any close ups of the chips/marks? Can't see them at all there which is good! Need to check my finances as well sadly, am a bit skint for the mo as work owe me nearly £760 and are yet to cough up.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2008
    Will, Apr 17, 2008
  6. Bourney

sq225917 Exposer of Foo

i think Caroline and her hubby are screwed.

sq225917, Apr 17, 2008
  7. Bourney

Bourney

just taken a couple of pics in the natural light, just got to work out how to upload pics on the missus's computer.

Bourney, Apr 17, 2008
  8. Bourney

Bourney

provisionally sold to a ZeroG'er :) thanks for the interest and also advice chaps.

Bourney, Apr 21, 2008
Ask a Question