Meadowlark Osprey Speakers

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by HenryT, Nov 6, 2006.

1. HenryT

HenryT

These have been owned by me for the past 2 years and were previously purchased off of a dealer ex-dem from Audiogon who told me that he'd only played them for no more than about 6 hours! They are in fantastic condition except for the base plate on one of the speakers which got chipped and cracked in transit when they were delivered to me; I've glued the chipped piece back into place and the 2nd picture below shows the damage which isn't significant in my opinion.

More importantly perhaps is the fact that the speakers have also been modified extensively by Tony at Coherent Systems, tweaks include a total re-wire with Coherent cabling, upgraded/uprated components on the crossover, Bybee Quantum filters on each driver pole piece and the lead outs from the crossover and vibration damping of wiring and crossover components. Also included are some custom made jumper leads made with Coherent wiring of course (can be seen in the last picture).

You'll no doubt have heard these speakers (the modified variants of that is) playing at hi-fi shows in Bristol and Heathrow in the Omiga Audio and Coherent Systems rooms in the past, so now's your chance to own a pair for yourself seeing as the company who once made these have been no more for quite some time!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Asking price: £2000

(Price excludes delivery, collection in person prefered but original packaging is available although I wouldn't consider it adequate enough for man handling by most dump and drop courier companies).

HenryT, Nov 6, 2006
  2. HenryT

greg Its a G thing

Henry - i've got to ask the question - what next for you then?

greg, Nov 6, 2006
  3. HenryT

HenryT

Hi Greg - I knew someone would pop a post up here and ask! ;) Well, I haven't quite decided yet, currently weighing up one or two possibilities. It's a case of finding something that does what I'm looking for in my room, the Ospreys are certainly capable of a lot more then what I'm currently getting from them in certain ways.

HenryT, Nov 7, 2006
  4. HenryT

HenryT

Open to offers now. :)

HenryT, Nov 20, 2006
  5. HenryT

HenryT

Sold! :)

HenryT, Nov 25, 2006
  6. HenryT

liamjf

Nice One Wish you'd sold them sooner! ;)

Liam.

liamjf, Nov 25, 2006
Ask a Question