Meridian 506 CD, randomly jumps tracks or just stops!

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by SMEagol, Jan 21, 2009.

1. SMEagol

SMEagol Because we wants it...

Is there a quick fix for this thing or have I been royally stiffed on ebay again!

Obviously refuses point blank to play CDR's but all vintage Meridians do.

I go to advance a track on normal discs and it wont go to the one I want, then it might play a track then just stop part way through or skip to a random part of the disc. I feel like jumping on its shiny black glass top...

Been down the remote interference route, and it does behave a tiny bit better with the telly off as I'd heard these Meridians aren't well screened against external influences. But the main problem remains and I'm rather broke, very annoying!

Has anyone got a working one - cheap! I'd hate to think how much a repair at Meridian would cost, or indeed whether they had the parts.
    Its the 16 bit version with the laser that follows an arc. Meant to be a good mech I believe, but I also heard you can't get em!. I use it as my transport for the matching DAC.

Thanks all :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2009
    SMEagol, Jan 21, 2009
  2. SMEagol

zanash

sounds like a dying laser

if you know which pickup it is then try dalbani.com they have a huge selection thats pretty cheap

zanash, Jan 22, 2009
Ask a Question