Meridian 506 problems

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Rodrigo de Sá, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Rodrigo de Sá

Rodrigo de Sá This club's crushing bore

My Meridian 506 has served me perfectly for up to 8 years. Now in some records, it is bound to jump. I have this problem before, but he cured itself after being moved. It is happening again, as never before

Now I chose the Meridian 506 because of its lush sound, colorful rendering of textures, its rich warmth and the capacity to play the grain of instruments, and all the colors that exist in true music,

What can I do. Sent it back to Meridian or buy a new one.

Has Meridien sound changed a lot? from the old days? Or has it become terribly expensive? What it the similarly price alternative? Are Any new brands so lush and yet bright?

I'm not willing to pay a lot.

The rest of the system is the Lavardin It (terrible transparent) and the somewhat sweey sounding speakers are the ribbon top proacs (the edged ones),

Suggestions anyone?

Musical only classical and chiefly small ensembles, even if I indulge in a bit of Bruckner. Main emphases on the organ and the harpsichord, but also on vocal music.

Rodrigo de Sá, Nov 17, 2009
  2. Rodrigo de Sá

Purite Audio Purite Audio

Personally If you have a PC or a MAC ( which presumably you do) I would use that and buy a dac, async firewire or async USB are best, you can rip your cd's in a lossless codec and you can also listen to higher resolution material if you want to.
    Keith.

Purite Audio, Nov 17, 2009
  3. Rodrigo de Sá

ross

I had a 506 many years ago and it started to skip. It turned out that it was the lubricant in the CD transport hardening, which needed to be replaced. The 506 is still a wonderful CD player - send it back to Meridian for servicing.

ross, Nov 17, 2009
  4. Rodrigo de Sá

Rodrigo de Sá This club's crushing bore

Yes, thank you. I will send send it back for servicing.

Rodrigo de Sá, Nov 20, 2009
Ask a Question