Meridian 507 CD player

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by dunkyboy, Feb 2, 2005.

1. dunkyboy

dunkyboy

See the official Meridian website for more information: http://www.meridian-audio.com/p_507.htm .

Top notch CD player from one of the world's best digital hifi manufacturers. Upsamples to 24-bit 192KHz, reads CD-R & CD-R/W, fantastic sound - I've compared it directly to the Arcam CD93 and Naim CD5 in my system and it was noticeably superior to both (there's actually a thread on the matter round these parts if you feel like a hunt!) Incredible resolution, huge soundstage, stunning dynamics, powerful, clear bass, holographic imaging, lively, dynamic, involving sound. GBP1200 new price.

Two years old, in mint condition. GBP600 plus postage within the UK. I believe I have the box and manual, tho if you're interested I'll verify this beforehand.

One caveat: although the player itself is pristine, the remote (Meridian System Remote) is in very poor cosmetic condition (full working order though). I'm in the process of sourcing a new one now, but if you don't mind the battered existing one (pictures on request) I'll knock 50 quid off the above price.

I can take pictures of the machine if you want - just drop me a line. You're welcome to come round and hear it in action before you make a final decision (assuming you're in the Edinburgh neighbourhood of course) - again, just email (me AT dunkyboy DOT com) or ring me on 0131-477-8326 (mobile: 07814-536-037).

dunkyboy, Feb 2, 2005
  2. dunkyboy

alanbeeb Grumpy young fogey

What has taken its place?

alanbeeb, Feb 2, 2005
  3. dunkyboy

dunkyboy

Nothing for certain yet, but funnily enough I'm thinking of going for the Meridian 200 transport (Trichord modded) & 203 DAC combo in Retro Reproductions... Been home demming it and it loses out a smidge in "hifi" qualities but sounds more relaxed and natural - "gels" better with the ATCs, and is just easier to listen to. I've actually been really surprised by how good the classic combo sounds. Should also make me a bit of profit which will be most welcome as I'm about to move flat, and the new place ain't cheap... :(

I'd love to go for a DAX Decade as per Ditton... but it'll have to wait until finances have settled down a bit, post holidays & flat move.....

Will report more in the regular forum when I know more.

Dunc

dunkyboy, Feb 2, 2005
  4. dunkyboy

Mr Perceptive

dunkyboy

Since I'm selling a Trichord Modded 200 Transport (and possibly have a 203 to go with it, awaiting new DAC currently, I'd be interested to know what sort of price you have been offered a unit at. I'm not trying to flog you mine but I'd like to know if I've priced it right?

Mr Perceptive

Mr Perceptive, Feb 2, 2005
  5. dunkyboy

dunkyboy

I'm not certain yet, but I'll let you know. Remind me in a week or so if I've forgotten to mention it. :)

Dunc

dunkyboy, Feb 2, 2005
  6. dunkyboy

dunkyboy

Sale pending....

dunkyboy, Feb 2, 2005
  7. dunkyboy

dunkyboy

And sold.

dunkyboy, Feb 13, 2005
Ask a Question