Meridian 588 24bit CD Player - bargain price

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Samantha, May 17, 2010.

1. Samantha

Samantha

Meridian 588 24bit CD Player

Absolutely pristine, not a mark or blemish anywhere. Smoke free home, and I don't allow a cleaner or anyone near my hifi.

Includes MSR remote, all original Meridian packaging, manual, power cable etc.

I am sure all you reading this will know the Meridian 588.24 cd is one of the top performers, excellent in all musical respects, a smooth, organic player.

Because of its computer drive, the 588.24 can read CDs, CD-Rs, even MP3s.

The Meridian 588.24 cd uses a CD-ROM transport for error correction and RAM buffers for de-jittering.

Amazing soundstage and detail. This is one of the best CD players ever and is rarely found for sale.
    Review: www.meridian-audio.info/public/588_review[401].pdf

I am not far from j34 of M62 motorway (near Selby, North Yorkshire) and would prefer cash on collection to safe guard this lovely player. If you are further south, I am hopefully driving down the M1 this weekend to around Derbyshire - so could always meet up rather than someone trekking all the way North.

Bargain price ...... £850

One just sold on Ebay (I have been watching UK auctions and last one I saw went for over £1,100 also but that was November last year)
    Here is one that has just sold......

588.24 on Ebay

Samantha, May 17, 2010
  2. Samantha

m9myk

Hi Samantha,

If it's not already sold, can you give me some more information about the 588. You say it is cosmetically pristine so, can I assume the mechanical condition is likewise? Also, the amount of usage the machine has had and are you the first owner if so was the machine absolutely brand new and not ex-dem or the like.

Sorry to be so picky but buying blind is very risky.

Regards

M9MYK

m9myk, May 24, 2010
  3. Samantha

Samantha

Hi - was 100% in every way .... but now with a new owner who collected at the weekend.
    Thx
    Sam

Samantha, May 27, 2010
Ask a Question