Meridian D600 Active speakers w/1541A S1 DACs

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by nat8808, Apr 12, 2011.

1. nat8808

nat8808

"I first heard a pair of D600s at the 1989 Winter CES last January, and to say I was impressed would be an understatement. Even in the unfamiliar circumstances of a room at Las Vegas's Golden Nugget hotel (footnote 1), the sound had a breathtaking clarity to it, apparently achieved without any undue treble emphasis. The L'Oiseau-Lyre recording of Handel's Messiah quite frankly took my breath away, and I let Bob Stuart know right away that I wanted a pair for review." - John Atkinson, Stereophile

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I have a very nice pair of Meridian D600 active speakers for sale in rosewood.

They are the earlier versions before Meridian went bitstream/delta-sigma and have TDA1541A S1 chips inside! Yes, one per speaker, so proper dual mono TDA1541A S1s - seperate PSUs, seperate inputs (they daisy-chain for convenience), going to mono pre-amps to mono active speakers.. Then if you want your 24/96 files played, plug your modern dac into one of the analogue inputs - best of both worlds, 1541A 16 bit musicality AND the latest hi-res formats.

Looking inside, the DAC boards are nicely spaced out so plenty of room for mods such as cap bypassing and op-amp changes, possibly NOS as long as the pass-though to the digital output is all on the receiver chip side of things.

What you are getting with these is:

1) a dual mono, dual 1541A S1 DAC with 3 inputs,
    2) a dual mono line pre-amp with tone control,
    3) three 75W/channel Meridian amplifiers, and
    4) a pair of rosewood 2.5 way speakers..

... all remote controlled and high WAF!

Just add a digital source and you've a high-quality active system with no black boxes other than the source.

The D600s were also Meridian's last analogue active speakers I believe until the current M60 Mk II and I don't think the technology, including the drivers, has really changed that much.

Complete with 609 remote, a copy of the manuals and a 7m long 'M' comms cable to connect to other Meridian gear. If I find some spare, I'll include long 75ohm digital cables and treat you to some home-made, long CAT-5 analogue cables too. They are in great condition. The left speaker in the photos (first photo) does have a plant pot sized faded circle but it's not distracting.

Asking £750 ovno. I'm based in central London but may be able to deliver for petrol costs.

nat8808, Apr 12, 2011
Ask a Question