Meridian G07 / G08 CD players

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by alanbeeb, May 14, 2004.

1. alanbeeb

alanbeeb Grumpy young fogey

Hi - anyone got one of these players or auditioned them? I thought I saw someone on the 'my kit' thread had the G08 but now cannot see them.

A couple of months ago I tried the G07 at home for a few days and was massively impressed by it, huge soundstage, slam, depth - it was superb but I did not want to spend £1600 on it... now I'm thinking about it again.

But I didn't try the G08... anyone any idea how its different from the G07 and in any way better?

cheers,
    Alan

alanbeeb, May 14, 2004
  2. alanbeeb

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Alan,

This is an easy one, G07 if you like music and G08 if you like presenation
    The 8 is all air, space & detail but it u/spamles to 176.4, the 7 is a non upsampler so still has so life in it :) all meridians have great soundstaging and imaging.
    I've yet to hear any meridian with slam ;) if you liked what the G07 did, then 8 may not be for you.
    Its more refined and open, good bass, but a lot less drive and more 'nice' both are good at the own thing, its down to you, how you like your vibes. Wm

wadia-miester, May 14, 2004
  3. alanbeeb

alanbeeb Grumpy young fogey

I've tried Meridain players before this - the various incarnations of the 508 and 588, and been completely underwhelmed finding them completely boring to listen to. So the G07 was a big surprise to me.

Best thing will be to get a shot of the G08 and see how it goes.

alanbeeb, May 14, 2004
Ask a Question