meridian/musical fidelity/b&w system for sale

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by johnyb, Apr 16, 2006.

1. johnyb

johnyb

Good condition 207 CD with analogue pre-amp stage. I have owned this beauty since new in 1990. I think I got it just as it went out of production so probably one of the last ones made.

2 box unit to isolate the transport from the electronics.

Was serviced in 1998-99

Works like an absolute charm and is in very good condition. The only downside is the yellow lettering on the front, some of this has come off which seems to be fairly common. (i have to confess that i rubbed some off deliberately so the transport side reads just Meridian rather than anything else - looked rubbish with the other letters half written)

I also have 2 Musical Fidelity P150 power amplifiers each 70wpc which i have been using to bi-amp my speakers. one is in better condition than the other with no paint off the top of the heatsink, the other has scratches and scuffing to the top.

Also have some B&W CM4's in maple. These are the incredibly good looking and wife friendly speakers.

demo possible, offers considered.

cheers
    john

£250 for the 207
    207.jpg

£300 for the pair of P150's
    p150.jpg

scratched p150.jpg
    £600 for the CM4

speakers.jpg

johnyb, Apr 16, 2006
  2. johnyb

johnyb

bump

johnyb, Apr 30, 2006
  3. johnyb

markabuckley

Johny - re the Meridian 207 ... 2 questions please. Can the 2nd box be used as a DAC on its own - or will it only accept the input from its own transport ..? 2ndly do you know what type of DAC is inside the 207 please ? Is it the DAC7 as used in the 203 DAC or Delta Sigma as used in the 263/563 etc ?

Also where abouts are you based please ?

Thanks, Mark.

markabuckley, May 2, 2006
  4. johnyb

johnyb

mark,

The processor unit doesnt have an input for another digital input, it has only analogue pre-amp inputs.

i am not sure which of the dacs it uses but i can check with meridian as they are usually extremely helpfull.

will let you know soon as poss. I live in Oval, london.

cheers

john

johnyb, May 3, 2006
Ask a Question