MF A5 CD - Can anyone explain this?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by unclepuncle, Jun 17, 2006.

1. unclepuncle

kt66

should do, they get enough practice!

kt66, Jun 28, 2006
  2. unclepuncle

nando nando

doubt it somehow, having being dealing in retail since 1973 , who has? now there are getting worse, no names , just advice and help,that's all it takes, in my view bias does not help at all, nor unwise comments, i have but a major dictionarry of cock ups wich i will not mentioned by dealers and mannufactures, but is all part or maybe not part of the game, at least help is always there if you go about it the right way providing that the people on the other end have confidence in you, avarice does not count in this hi-fi world today, regards.

nando, Jun 28, 2006
  3. unclepuncle

unclepuncle

Hmmm - well after getting the A5 CD player back from the service that Nando had kindly arranged at MF the problems of the facia buttons appeared to be rectified. Upon switch on the display shows 'Version 2.5' whereas berfore it was 'Version 2.0'. And for the past few weeks it was working fine - all the buttons on the machine worked as expected. Then tonight I get a call from my friend to say the 'play/pause' button on the front of the player isn't responding again.
    Very strange as the software update had seemed to correct it at least for a couple of weeks.

Well I went round his house and brought the player back to mine and after much ****ing around have found that if you have the display on full brightness the 'play/pause' button dosent respond. But if you dim the display or switch it completely off it works absolutley fine - grrrrrrrrrrr.

Anyone got any bright ideas why the display has this effect - no pun intended:)
    I'm sure it wasn't sensitive to the state of the display like this when it first came back from MF.

unclepuncle, Jul 18, 2006
  4. unclepuncle

nando nando

pass, gremlyngs? will have a word with them tomorrow, this is very rare but have no fear, i will get to the bottom of this.regards nando.

nando, Jul 18, 2006
  5. unclepuncle

unclepuncle

Cheers Nando - it's not the end of the world - it's just so trivial to be extremely aggravating:confused:

unclepuncle, Jul 18, 2006
  6. unclepuncle

nando nando

hi uncle, so far i have being using the kw25's transport and d.a.c. no problems with all the others but i will get it sorted, regards nando.

nando, Jul 18, 2006
  7. unclepuncle

kt66

That is just appalling, there is no defence for this shoddy manufacturing, but don't worry they'll bring out another player in a couple of months that will be better and cheaper...as they always do.

kt66, Jul 19, 2006
  8. unclepuncle

nando nando

who doesn't name one other or more that do not upgrade digital or analogue products inc. spkrs, cheeaper or expensive, it's all the same, like changing cars, but like toys we are always upgrading them, needles , cartridges, cables, E.T.C. but at least their service is almost superve as well as almost of their products, i can mention lot's of crap about other manufacturers but i haven't got the time to criticise, to each it's own, yes it's good that an english company bothers to progress, keep us all in business.no offence but never slay manufacturers....!

nando, Jul 19, 2006
  9. unclepuncle

nando nando

who doesn't name one other or more that do not upgrade digital or analogue products inc. spkrs, cheeaper or expensive, it's all the same, like changing cars, but like toys we are always upgrading them, needles , cartridges, cables, E.T.C. but at least their service is almost superve as well as almost of their products, i can mention lot's of crap about other manufacturers but i haven't got the time to criticise, to each it's own, yes it's good that an english company bothers to progress, keep us all in business.no offence but never slay manufacturers....!

nando, Jul 19, 2006
Ask a Question