MF Tweaks

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by m9myk, Mar 19, 2009.

1. m9myk

m9myk

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience of Musical Fidelities Fine Tuning (Tweaks) service which they are currently offering, there is also an independent company JS Audio Repairs who offer a similar service.

I would be interested in hearing of any experience's or thoughts you may have on the subject, please.

m9myk

m9myk, Mar 19, 2009
  2. m9myk

raynor73

I had JS modify my previous amp the kW500. The mods were clearly very noticeable immediately but sweetened after about 30 hours use. He is a genuinely passionate guy about what he does and I have spoken to a few others all absolutely chuffed with the results. Call him if unsure hes extremely talkative and very un-salesman like.
    James

raynor73, Mar 19, 2009
  3. m9myk

zanash

saw this too......begs the question why these things were not implemented in the original purchase ...ho hum

zanash, Mar 20, 2009
  4. m9myk

nando nando

the mods made by M.F. are very much noticiable, and well worth it, like all afictionadus that can tweek all things claim that they can do better from e.t.c. products, however i have recomended peope who had old and new m.f. equipment and the response was 100% happy with the results, so i sent my kw550 for such an upgrade and wow even as a dealer the diference was awesome, hence when a friend of mine heard it he wanted me to try and find him one, that is why i posted a threa under "wanted kw550 amp,
    regards , nando

nando, Mar 20, 2009
  5. m9myk

m9myk

Thank you all for your comments which were most helpful.

My interest in this matter is that my Nu Vista M3 amp and 3D CD player are beginning to sound a little bit tiered after several years of hard work. It does seem to make more economic sense to try breathing some new life into current system rather than investing several grand in a new system.

Both MF and JS Audio Repairs both offer similar services at around the same cost. I have spoken to John at JS who does sound very knowledgeable and a nice guy to boot. If I do decide to go the tweak rout, which seems to make sense, my dilemma is which way to go. Should it be the manufacturer who designed and built the equipment in the first place and should know the stuff inside out, or the dedicated enthusiast who appears to have a passion for getting the best out of equipment and also offers a very personal service.

Many thanks for your interest.

Mike

m9myk, Mar 23, 2009
Ask a Question