Michell Gyro 'VC' (DC) power supply dead

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by johnfromnorwich, Mar 18, 2007.

1. johnfromnorwich

johnfromnorwich Tannerd.

It's just stopped working! No green light, nothing. Was working fine this afternoon. It's not the fuse in the plug. Anyone have any background with these? Internal fuses maybe?

I'll ring Michell tomorrow, but any hints would be appreciated.

= John

johnfromnorwich, Mar 18, 2007
  2. johnfromnorwich

johnfromnorwich Tannerd.

To partially answer my own question, the little output fuse is measuring infinite resistance so I guess that at least is blown. No other signs of burning on the PCB. Anyone know what the rating of the fuse is and whether I can get one in Maplin?

= John

johnfromnorwich, Mar 18, 2007
  3. johnfromnorwich

zanash

Sorry no ....but it should be stamped on an end cap of the fuse...

a blown fuse may indicate problems elsewhere ....be prepared to have the next one blow too ! [don't just by one !]

zanash, Mar 19, 2007
  4. johnfromnorwich

johnfromnorwich Tannerd.

I spoke to Michell this morning and they said much the same thing: If it ain't the fuse (100mA for reference), send it back. Grrrrr.

= John

johnfromnorwich, Mar 19, 2007
  5. johnfromnorwich

Garmt

I thought you conclude it WAS the fuse! Buy a new one and try again! Costs a few pence!

Garmt, Mar 22, 2007
  6. johnfromnorwich

johnfromnorwich Tannerd.

I concluded that at least the fuse had blown, but that this may have just been the end of a failure train. Fuse now replaced, power supply working, owner happy (although not with Maplin's postage policy - about 2 and half quid most of which paid for them to stuff a large envelpoe with junk mail that weighed about 50 x as much as the fuses).

johnfromnorwich, Mar 22, 2007
Ask a Question