Michell Gyrodec

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Dick Bowman, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Dick Bowman

Dick Bowman

Full chassis (not SE) Gyrodec with DC motor and VC power supply; SME armboard but no arm; Pedersen armboard modification. Manual and packaging.

£700 (cash or cleared cheque).

Owned from new (1989) it's a MkII (acrylic platter) that was brought up to latest specification in 2002; that's changing to the (freestanding) DC motor, new bearing, new springs and a VC power supply (the one in the Alecto-like casing). For all intents and purposes all moving parts new as of 2002. Installed the Pedersen armboard modification in early 2004.

Originally my main source, I've used it less over the past few years because the music I listen to is released mostly on CD. Condition virtually as new; there's a cosmetic blemish in the shape of adhesive "bubbling" along one lid seam - it's been like that since new, is stable, and doesn't affect performance in any way.

Although I have the original packaging I really do not feel confident putting it into the hands of couriers - strongly recommending collection (from NE London). Any carriage has to be at buyer's cost and risk (sorry).

Happy to answer any questions (I check in here a couple of times a day).

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2006
    Dick Bowman, Mar 19, 2006
Ask a Question