Ming Da / Edenlake MC-34B

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Guy Batey, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Guy Batey

Guy Batey

I've read a lot recently about the Ming Da / Edenlake MC-34A amp - has anyone heard the smaller (and cheaper) MC-34B? It uses 6L6 valves rather than EL34s, but these can apparently be swapped with 5881 or KT66 valves.

I'm after a cheap new integrated to introduce me to valves after a Nait 2, listening to acoustic classical and jazz through an Arcam cdp and 90db 6 ohm Rega Jura speakers.

Guy Batey, Mar 4, 2005
  2. Guy Batey

T-bone Sanchez

This is stupid value for money:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3280&item=5756642216&rd=1

Buy one for £213. I know quite a few who've bought these as something to play with and been very surprised at what it can do. The amp is a copy of the classic dynaco ST-70 only brought up to date. I bought mine for a second system (I was on the verge of splashing out at least a grand on my main amp too) and its now got pride of place as numero umero. It sounds good straight from the box although Ive spent the best part of £200 on mine to get it to what I want, still cheap though. Its so simple inside so if, like me, youve a solder fethish you can work to your hearts content, its mega-easy to bias (and you dont touch any lethal voltages) and its very well built. Downsides are that some components are cheap and its only one set of inputs. The passive pot' which controls the volume is only 20k so very sensitive when adjusting, on the plus side it'll drive your Rega's to very high levels. Thats my vote.

T-bone Sanchez, Mar 4, 2005
  3. Guy Batey

lordsummit moderate mod

I love my 34A. Richard at Edenlake is a really nice guy, well worth your while talking to him. Since I bought mine I saw this and would have been really tempted!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Their web address is:
    http://www.valveamps.net/budgetamp.htm

Hope this helps

lordsummit, Mar 4, 2005
  4. Guy Batey

avanzato

Hmm, well I tried contacting Haden Boardman about those Aureavox amps a year or so ago and got no reply and since then noticed him 'clearing' the amps on eBay. My experience with Edenlake has been spot on and highly recommend the company, though I have no experience of their valve amps.

avanzato, Mar 4, 2005
  5. Guy Batey

lordsummit moderate mod

Edenlake are undoubtably out of the top drawer. Would whole heartedly recommend them

lordsummit, Mar 4, 2005
  6. Guy Batey

Lt Cdr Data om

Haden's a good fella, I can personally vouch for him, nice guy, enthusiastic and good service having bought a pre off him.
    Not a bad pre at all, there are better, but fine.

Lt Cdr Data, Mar 4, 2005
Ask a Question