Minidisk deck

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by andrew1810, Aug 1, 2004.

1. andrew1810

andrew1810

Hello all,

I am after a new minidisk deck as my parents want my old one (or a new one for themselves, difficult decision!!)

I would really like one which I can plug into my PC to record MP3's across but don't want to spend more than £50-£100.

I have seen the MDS-JB940 for £100 on ebay but this needs an adaptor which I can't find anywhere.

Sound is reasonably important but I know its not going to be as good as CD anyway but I would like something which is well made.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Andrew

andrew1810, Aug 1, 2004
  2. andrew1810

Rory satisfied

3. andrew1810

andrew1810

Thats the one, quite expensive though, would a 3.5mm to toslink do the same job?

andrew1810, Aug 1, 2004
  4. andrew1810

Rory satisfied

no
    the pcklm20 is proper usb/optical thing which means you can use NETMD to transfer pc music to MD at up to 32x

also, just remembered at work we have a MDSNT1 MD recorder in at clearance for £80. Its specifically designed for pc work, but it also has an analogue output (3.5mm) for connection to your hifi. Let me know if you want it and we'll sort something out. It hasn't been powered up or anything, just been on a shelf for a while. New price was/is £200, has Net MD and MDLP.

hths

Rory, Aug 2, 2004
  5. andrew1810

andrew1810

Thanks for the offer, but I was really looking for more of a hifi separate with a remote, display and CD-out etc.

Andrew

andrew1810, Aug 2, 2004
  6. andrew1810

dominicT former member

Andrew I have a Tascam MD301 pro Minidisk player that I used to use in my studio. I have owned it from new, have the box and manual and it is as new, without a scratch and only used in a smoke free environment - I'm a fussy studio owner! It has a co-ax and optical digital inputs and an optical digital output so you can record from your pc. It is a great bit of kit, has analogue input and output with manual recording levels for analogue recording and a remore control that you can input track names more easily with. Importantly it looks like a piece of hifi, is black and even has a timer for play and record and a headphone socket with volume control.

here is a review of when it first came out with pictures and full spec.

http://www.harmony-central.com/Events/WNAMM98/Tascam/MD-301.html
    I have owned mine for three years. I was really looking for £125, why not PM me I might do a deal?

Dominic

dominicT, Aug 3, 2004
Ask a Question