Mission 775

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by stumblin, Feb 23, 2004.

1. stumblin

stumblin Kittens getting even...

Hi all, as I've previously mentioned these speakers are getting a little unruly for my tastes. That's not to say they are bad - I think my tastes have just refined a little.

So I'm thinking of selling them. Anyone got any idea of a reasonable asking price? They are in good condition - stress good not excellent a couple of marks here and there. I've got all the original packaging.

...and based on this asking price, is there a S/H short-list I should look at? I've heard good things about a NAD/Dynaudio combos but other than that I'm not sure where to start. It would be nice to escape from the mainstream a little, but of course as soon as it ain't mainstream it's not so easy to get the info needed.

I'm running a NAD S500 CD / S300 IA combo.

stumblin, Feb 23, 2004
  2. stumblin

Lt Cdr Data om

try £250-£300

Lt Cdr Data, Feb 23, 2004
  3. stumblin

PeteH Natural Blue

775's don't seem to come up very often so you might get lucky on Ebay if you get a couple of people who have been looking for a pair for a while into a bidding war :) But around £300ish is probably what you're looking at I'd say.

How much did you want to spend on secondhand speakers? The S500/S300 combo should be comfortably good enough to support some pretty serious boxes :D

PeteH, Feb 23, 2004
  4. stumblin

Dev Moderator

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2004
    Dev, Feb 23, 2004
  5. stumblin

PeteH Natural Blue

stumblin, that's a good point - you should certainly bear that in mind too. :D

PeteH, Feb 23, 2004
  6. stumblin

MO! MOnkey`ead!

yep, totally agree too. Like Pete points out, worth bearing in mind!

MO!, Feb 24, 2004
  7. stumblin

Dev Moderator

Dev, Feb 24, 2004
  8. stumblin

TonyL Club Krautrock Plinque

200-250 quid to spend on speakers? Try and get a listen to a second hand pair of Spendor BC1s or Rogers Studio 1s (which are effectively the same thing). Both are 3 way studio / domestic monitors from the 70s with a BBC heritage and would cost well over 1500 quid if made today. Easy to drive too, though careful positioning and a good source is needed to keep the nicely extended bass under control. I can think of no better speaker even close to that price.

Tony.

TonyL, Feb 24, 2004
  9. stumblin

Ultrasonic Bo selecta!!

Did u get your system from Hyperfi?The Nad's were sellin at good prices and i remember the mission 775e's were being sold off at a ridiculously low £200.Being sold out now i think u will get around £250-£300 for them.What colour are they?i may b interested in using them for my front A/V speakers...

Ultra:D

Ultrasonic, Feb 24, 2004
  10. stumblin

Ultrasonic Bo selecta!!

Did u get your system from Hyperfi?The Nad's were sellin at good prices and i remember the mission 775e's were being sold off at a ridiculously low £200.Being sold out now i think u will get around £250-£300 for them.What colour are they?i may b interested in using them for my front A/V speakers...

Ultra:D

Ultrasonic, Feb 24, 2004
  11. stumblin

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

Are you just going to buy a new pair of speakers with what you realise from the missions, or are you going to put more in as well?

I take it that you're going for the refined then, since the S500 is pretty smooth, and the missions are "too unruly"? The good thing is that the S300 should drive pretty much anything you throw at it...

I-S, Feb 24, 2004
  12. stumblin

stumblin Kittens getting even...

The idea of upgrading has been totally ruled out now due to a break up with my girl. May even have to sell the whole damn setup.

stumblin, Feb 25, 2004
Ask a Question