Mission DAD5+DAC

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by DavidF, Apr 9, 2006.

1. DavidF

DavidF

Hi,

Following up a previous thread, I'd just like to be clear on a matter; I'm considering buying an Entech Number Cruncher DAC in order to improve the performance on my Mission DAD5 cdp.

This is a second hand mail order purchase so I can't try it before hand. I'm going a bit on favourable comments in Audio Review.

Before I commit myself I'd like to be a little more certain of this course of action. Can some one reasssure me that the Entech should work with the Mission. Are all DACs compatable with all cdps?

There is one digital (RCA) output on the cdp and one RCA (I think) non optical input on the Entech. Does this carry both left and right channels?

Hope some one an enlighten me!

thanks,

David

DavidF, Apr 9, 2006
  2. DavidF

RobHolt Moderator

Hi David,

Yes the single RCA output on the Mission carries the digital data for both channels. Make absolutely sure that the Entech does have an RCA digital in. It might still work if it has a 3 pin XLR but you'd have to make/buy a special cable.

RobHolt, Apr 9, 2006
  3. DavidF

RobHolt Moderator

David, is this the DAC?

If so it does have an RCA digital (& Toslink) digital input and will be fine with your Mission.

[​IMG]

RobHolt, Apr 9, 2006
  4. DavidF

DavidF

Mission/Entech

Yes, that is indeed the Entech.

Thanks a million!

David

DavidF, Apr 9, 2006
Ask a Question