Monarchy Audio DIP 48/96 Upsampler's on ebay

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by angi73, Oct 29, 2005.

1. angi73

angi73

Click here

They dont't come up all that often. Im a little twitchy, this is the latest version. £150 still seems a fair whack though.

So, returning to the this old chestnut again, does this box actually work? Rather tempted to pair it with my superdac to reduce the influence of the transport jitter.

Bluemax, didn't you use one with a Superdac?

I have seen a few good things said, but another thing that annoys me is I will need yet another coax cable and another box.

angi73, Oct 29, 2005
  2. angi73

manhar

I see its been on auction by the same dealer three times and last month was sold for only £90! So £150 is too high indeed.

manhar, Oct 29, 2005
  3. angi73

julian2002 Muper Soderator

i've not been impressed by any 'jitter suppression' device i've tried (the dip - although an older version and a bheringer ultramatch pro - again not the current version). the only ones i've come across that are reputed to work well are the apogee big ben and the now defunct genesis digital lens. the latter pop up on audiogon for about 500 bucks every so often.
    afaik the common factor between the two is a buffer which is used to store the data so it can be reclocked completely.
    at the end of the day though the best solution would be to improve your transport - either by getting a new one or modding it with a new clock and better power regulation.
    i have an old bheringer ultramatch if you want to come to some arrangement - you may have better luck with it than i did.
    cheers

julian.

julian2002, Oct 30, 2005
  4. angi73

Hamilton

I use a Dip Classic between my Pioneer DVD player and Monarchy Dac, and it makes quite a difference to my ears - smooths out the top end and improves detail. I think it depends on how sensitive the dac is to jitter in the first place. £150 does seem steep though. It might be worth looking across the Atlantic - they're more common there, you'll get one cheaper, and they work fine with a relatively cheap mains transformer.

Gordon

Hamilton, Oct 31, 2005
Ask a Question