Monitor Audio Br5 Floorstanding Speakers 120W RMS - Mint & Boxed

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Bluemeanie68, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Bluemeanie68

Bluemeanie68

FS: Monitor Audio Br5 Floorstanding Speakers 120W - Mint & Boxed + 2m of QED Cables

MONITOR AUDIO BR5 - FLOORSTANDERS - MINT AND BOXED + 2m of QED Silver Anniversary bi-wire cables

I am now selling my MA BR5's - They were bought about 8 months ago. These speakers are absolutly wonderful and they sound more like £800 - £900 speakers.

Not been used very much really hence the sale but I've really enjoyed them. I'd say that they are now 'run-in' so you don't have to. They were run in as the manual suggests and never taken very loud (the neighbours would not be impressed!).

I could paste in some pre-written blurb here, but I always think it's better to add my experience rather than someone elses. The bass is really full, precise and tight whilst the midranges are simply sublime. The high frequencies are handled with total confidence.

I have been using them in the bi-wired configurations as well as bi-amped and they pull everything sonically together extremely well.

You will certainly not be dissapointed with these speakers. I know everyone is different but these are the best all-rounders you can buy for the money, a bargain at this price! They get rave reviews and sell like hot cakes.

Perfect for stereo hi-fi as well as AV fronts.

These speakers are in a Walnut finish, lovely finish.

They come with:-

* Speaker covers (never used),
    * Port bungs (front and back),
    * Adjustable spiked feet
    * Rubber feet
    * Instruction manual
    * Connection links for using conventional connections.
    * Packaged in the original boxes.

In other words they come with everything from new. :)

I will also throw in the 2 meters worth (4 lengths) of top quality QED Silver Anniversary bi-wiring cable I was using for free. Very, very good cable!

I'd rather have these collected as they are rather big boxes and to avoid any damage.

Here is the specs from Monitor Audio.

Frequency Response +/- 3dB: 36 Hz - 30 KHz
    Sensitivity (1W@1M): 90 dB
    Nominal Impedance: 6 Ohms
    Power Handling (RMS): 120 W Recommended
    Amplifier Requirements (RMS): 30 - 120 W
    Cabinet Design: Dual chamber bass reflex – Ported front and rear
    Drive Unit Complement:
    1 x 5.5" MMP®II Bass 1 x 5.5" MMP®II Bass
    mid-range, 1 x 1" (25 mm) gold dome C-CAM®
    tweeter
    External Dimensions: