MONITOR AUDIO gr 20

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Darren, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Darren

Darren

Hi guys,
    continuing the saga of my new hi fi system..... I am considering floor standing speakers to replace the horrid naim credo's I bought as part of my all naim system.

the new system will hopefully be wadia 830 (have) belcanto or similar poweramp ( in the process of choosing/obtaining) interconnects will be by WM.

The wife loved the little credo's and has said that 'monsters' such as my fab maggies or beloved Amphion xenons must not reappear.
    In an effort to please I have found some MA GR20s in oak (£700)to match the fekking floor - she will be cockahoop. but are they any good?

Has any one any experience of these or come across any bargains?

Thanks everyone for the help I have already had.

Best

Darren

Darren, Oct 19, 2005
  2. Darren

boy_lah

Speakers are very personal. Best you listen to them and be the judge. I thought the MA GR series are good but not my cup of tea.

Are you planning to run the CDP direct to your amp?

Also, i would strongly suggest you decide on your main bits first, borrow/use existing ICs/cables to get to know your system before slowly trying different cables. As good as WM's cables are i'm sure, it's more about synergy than the quality of any particular item.

I've just help 2 guys put together their systems and both times cables were best left to the last when they got familiar with their system - know what they liked, didn't like and had time to experiment with different makes/models. One guy tried 5 different brands (including big names) and turned out the cheapest was best match. He's one happy chap.

boy_lah, Oct 19, 2005
Ask a Question