more ebay problems

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lt Cdr Data, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Lt Cdr Data

Lt Cdr Data om

Friend of mine sold an amp on ebay for a few hundred quid

Turned out buyer didn't like the sound, left it couple of months, now said it was faulty, and wanted cash back, got an audiophile friend to listen and confirmed it was poor.

8 yrs old amp, reckons worn out. My friend is not having it. Buyer kept the amp. and has been using it,a 45 watts hifi amp, in a work application :confused:

Clearly should have gotten it tested immediately if there was something wrong, but just came back with not liking sound, listening, accusations galore but no categorical proof.

Still no proof, just same old story of it being 'worn out' I believe. Have received copies of emails from friend. Nothing concrete in them at all. Says a cheap amp sounds better.

A case of tough luck no doubt, buyer should have gone thro proper channels and gained evidence instead of just listening and saying didn't sound good. Nothing dodgy in the description of item. I am sure buyer knew it was not a brand new item.

Clearly not a leg to stand on and my friend, John is in the clear.

Clearly strange troublesome people on ebay. Luck pushers. Any more troublesome ebay buyers?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2005
    Lt Cdr Data, Jun 16, 2005
  2. Lt Cdr Data

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

Only what I have posted yesterday and to be fair thats my fault, but the buyer just has very poor communication skills, legaly I have done nothing wrong, but technicaly I should have formated the PC before I stuck it on ebay to make sure it was fully working and thats my fault :(

In this case the buyer is clearly in the wrong, if it was a private sale then no warranty needs to be offered, it just has to be in the condition described. Unless he can proof there was a fault the day it arived he has no leg to stand on at all.

If I was your mate tell him if the buyer persets threaten him legal action, your mate should win, it shouldn't need to get that far though.

To be honest I am just sick to the back teath of ebay at the moment.

amazingtrade, Jun 16, 2005
  3. Lt Cdr Data

Lt Cdr Data om

no lawyers are interested in small amounts, for whatever cases anyway. too much hassle and too much other work on for them, I have a fair idea how they work.
    The guys taking the mick.

What's your ebay trouble AT? just that cpu thing?

Lt Cdr Data, Jun 16, 2005
  4. Lt Cdr Data

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

There is the small claims court though, you can avoid all that legal hassle then, its just a threat, I am not suggesting you actually go ahead and do it, like you say its too much hassle.

But if you mate dosn't give the refund there isn't much legaly they can do.

Yeah my hassle is this guy dosn't seem to want to accept my refund but all communications have been one way so far.

amazingtrade, Jun 16, 2005
  5. Lt Cdr Data

T-bone Sanchez

Small claims still cost a bomb, IME taking anyone to court is gonna cost the best part of £500 at least. If you want to do it on the cheap then your best hope is one of the government bodies but it'll have to be a dam good case for them to get interested. Anything under 500 quid you can more or less write off.

T-bone Sanchez, Jun 16, 2005
  6. Lt Cdr Data

Bob McC living the life of Riley

Small claims still cost a bomb

Rubbish!

It cost me £40.

Bob

Bob McC, Jun 16, 2005
Ask a Question