More pointless argument

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by The Devil, Oct 12, 2004.

1. The Devil

penance Arrogant Cock

Robbo
    I realised that there would of been consequencies had it been a direct mail, that is why i posted the complete, to show it was a forum response. Despite how much i despise the little person, i would not stoop to false accusations. I know you were not accusing me of that.
    I am extremely pissed with it at the moment, I stand by my comment, that he is the atangonist and the one person causing most problems for ZG, my opinion.

Robbo & Julian,
    We have met IRL, I thought you were both good guys, indeed I had a very enjoyable afternoon. I would not want to upset/piss off either of you on that basis.

Merlin,
    I've not met you, but i like to think we get on within the scope of the forum.

I am sorry to have annoyed all 3 of you, I appologise to you all.

I will 'try' to ignore the irritation from now, i see my reactions are not helping forum matters. I guess I have made my viewpoint very clear, i hope it is understood and accepted.

penance, Oct 12, 2004
  2. The Devil

The Devil IHTFP

What does 'sanctimonious' mean?

The Devil, Oct 12, 2004
  3. The Devil

Robbo

James, You are treading a very fine line.

Robbo, Oct 12, 2004
  4. The Devil

The Devil IHTFP

Am I really?

Why is that?

Do you know what 'sanctimonious' means?

The Devil, Oct 12, 2004
  5. The Devil

analoguekid Planet Rush

:D

analoguekid, Oct 12, 2004
  6. The Devil

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Meanwhile, Tintin & Capt Haddock were investaging some seriously fishy smells from the back of the ATC's, when The horned one appeared hurried smearing away white fur from his fangs

wadia-miester, Oct 12, 2004
  7. The Devil

analoguekid Planet Rush

WM you must read some shite books!

8. The Devil

Saab

not my arguement,but i would just like to offer an indepenant view

it takes all sorts to make a good forum,The Devil included,(whi imo adds value to this place,for a variety of reasons)and as he points out,the whole point of a forum is to chat,you don't have to,you can use ignore,delete,or just don't respond

so why get heated up it a two dimensional medium with people you will never meet and in some cases are thousands of miles away? it doesn't make sense,apart from maybe the participant is spending too much time online and should maybe go to the pub

Saab, Oct 12, 2004
  9. The Devil

analoguekid Planet Rush

Dave i think thats the problem James and I are too close together, we're not thousands of miles apart, he works round the corner from my house, I've explained th reasons at length for my argument with him, and for one weekend I took it too seriously, and responded badly, the last round of arguments didn't really bother me was just arguning, however when these arguments resort to name calling, and are creeping into other threads, i decided to drop it. I normally have a thick skin and couldn't give a hoot what others say, but his inane vitriol was pissing me off, if he's happy posting snide comments then good luck to him, I will leave him to his own we world, if I respond that's what he wants, and then things descend to chaos causing annoyance to other members, if others want to argue with him thats fine, but i'm not descending to that level again.

10. The Devil

Saab

good advice to yaself there

he posts in one short sentence with no smilies and little emotion,and this seems to annoy people over time,its just a brusque style of posting thats all.He also never gets riled,so put the two together and look what happens..........thick skins are suddenly not so thick! and understandably so,but perversely this becomes mildly amusing to read for the casual lurkers like me

Saab, Oct 12, 2004
  11. The Devil

merlin

saab,

he definately gets riled - you just need to know what to look for (smilie deleted for fear of offence)

merlin, Oct 12, 2004
  12. The Devil

analoguekid Planet Rush

Yeah Merlin I reckon I've found his hot button too. :) smiley added, c'mon how can a wee smiley cause any offence?

13. The Devil

The Devil IHTFP

Blimey, that's really irritating. You got me, guys.

The Devil, Oct 13, 2004
Ask a Question