MTB meet, sunday, west yorks

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by I-S, Jun 6, 2006.

1. I-S

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

I'm getting a mountain bike meet together. Have one or possibly two attendees from ClubVR4, and thought I'd see if anyone here is up for it.

Proposed route, although this may be shortened/modified if people can't take the full distance:

Start Marsden, West Yorks (OS SE047114). Climb out Mount Road to Great Western Pub, SE025100. Climb Close moss to meet pennine way and OS triangulation point SE012105. Follow Oldham way over castleshaw moor, then pennine bridleway down to Dowry Reservoir SD987113. Climb pennine bridleway and follow past readycon dean reservoir to A672 at SD979123, then follow trail down to piethorne reservoir. Climb out to Nicholas Pike SD961134, and follow trail back east to windy hill (M62 J22, SD983142). Pick up Pennine way again, up to white hill OS triangulation SD991133, to A672 SE003123. Take Packhorse Road bridleway down stack end (apt!) to hey green, follow bridlepath by river to tunnel end, and canal towpath back to marsden station. Drink Pint(s) at www.riverheadbrewery.co.uk

Any takers? I know it's short notice, but that's what weather does for you....

I-S, Jun 6, 2006
  2. I-S

mr cat Member of the month

mr cat, Jun 6, 2006
  3. I-S

I-S, Jun 7, 2006
  4. I-S

julian2002 Muper Soderator

that's awesome. much as i'd love to go i just can't see me making it up to manchester, riding for 30 miles and then getting back to bedford in a single day.
    also my car is not well at the moment and it's looking like it will need a new head gasket / skim / radiator in the very near future so a 400ish mile round trip is probably a bad idea.

if you get the chance to organise another one (prefereably on a saturday but not the 2nd saturday in the month) then i'm sure i'd be up for it and might be able to drag along one or 2 others....

hope you have good weather and loads of fun.
    cheers

julian.

julian2002, Jun 7, 2006
  5. I-S

There are shorter variations (cutting from 6 to 20, or 10 to 19). On singletrackworld they're talking about longer variations....

I-S, Jun 7, 2006
  6. I-S

Weather forecast is excellent. Are there really no takers?

I-S, Jun 8, 2006
  7. I-S

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

cant make it, leg and body are a bit 'ouch'.

chicks dig scars ...('opefully!)

Attached Files:

• arm2.jpg
      arm2.jpg
      File size:
      23.4 KB
      Views:
    bottleneck, Jun 9, 2006
  8. I-S

dean.l

*sucks air through teeth*
    bet that stings.:)

dean.l, Jun 9, 2006
  9. I-S

Nice one chris! Looks like my shin after landing on a rock last sat, although mine wasn't as big as that.

Rode my singlespeed 13 miles into work today. Lots of climbs (more than 1200ft), but I seem to do them quicker than on the other bike... Thank god I put the bar-ends on last night though. Need to buy another set of bar ends for the FS.

Anyway, got to be a good story behind a corker like that Chris?

I-S, Jun 9, 2006
  10. I-S

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

I was making love to a nubile brazilian princess, whilst riding across razor sharp mountain peaks one handed.

In the throws of passion (hers of course) she accidentally knocked me 3000 feet down a deep valley gorge. I was naturally okay, but have a few scratches.

bottleneck, Jun 9, 2006
  11. I-S

julian2002 Muper Soderator

ouch chris - that looks evil mate.

isaac, i hope you're not running risers AND bar ends - if so i'll have to send the lycra mafia 'round. says mr hypocrite who uses risers and bar ends.

julian2002, Jun 9, 2006
  12. I-S

No, I run flatties on both bikes. Plain ordinary Club Roost IDB150s on the ss, Titec Hellbent on the FS (they're same width and sweep as risers without the rise. Lighter, stronger cheaper, and with the stem set a bit higher the geometry is the same too).

I-S, Jun 9, 2006
  13. I-S

mr cat Member of the month

hope you had a great days riding!

well, I went there on the saturday and it was amazing...there were a good few thousand people there and the weather was great!!

I walked up by the bridge in the main part of town and there werev hundreds of people at the riverside watching the horses being bathed in the river whilst the young guyswere acting all all macho... :D

I then walked up towards knock (on the hill) where there were mre horses (I think the harness racing will be held at this spot too) where most of the caravans were parked up - in some fields there were lost of small stalls selling food and stuff...

I laughed when I saw this auld fella doing a 3 card trick where you had to find the king amongst 2 red 4's - he fleeced this guy out of about 160 in a few minutes - and he wasn't a stooge either, tho they were there (young lads) where they'd intice punters to show their money by turning over the '4s' while the fella's was facing another bloke (tho, I guess he knew exactly what was going on) so at times when this happened a punter would wave his cash only for the auld guy to pick up the cards and shuffle them - when the punter thought he had a choice with the cards as they were on the table...another scam was to fold the corner of the king so when his stooges were playing the game they'd always choose the wrong cards (thats how it seemed to me - I always seemed to know where the king was - but no way was I gonna play for cash!) then when someone did play for cash the guy would very craftily fold the corner of one of the '4s' whilst straightning the corner of the king - it was very well done and you could eaisly see how the guy would rake in hundreds...
    all the blokes where were playing would pull out wads of 20's too...great day out

mr cat, Jun 12, 2006
  14. I-S

Yes, had a good day. Didn't do the full route, instead cutting off from point 10 to 19 (as the other guy I was riding with had enough by that point). Couple of pints at the riverhead went down nicely.

A good antidote to saturday, when I spent all afternoon changing brake caliper pins, discs and pads on my car.

I-S, Jun 12, 2006
Ask a Question