Mundane question about courier

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by cjm, Oct 28, 2008.

1. cjm

cjm

Sorry to raise such a dull question but I've got a pair of Linn Keilidh's and am trying to find a courier to deliver them to someone. First two courier websites have indicated that my estimate of their weight and size exceeds what they will handle. They were interparcel and p4d.

Was wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of a good courier with affordable rates that will be able to cope with pair of Keilidhs with Kustone bases. I did warn you this was a mundane post!!

Thanks guys

cjm, Oct 28, 2008
  2. cjm

Seeker_UK

Might be cheaper to hire a van and do it yourself?

Seeker_UK, Oct 28, 2008
  3. cjm

cjm

False alarm I think. I overestimated dimensions and weight slightly but enough to make a difference. I'm now getting quotes so should be ok.

cjm, Oct 28, 2008
  4. cjm

SMEagol Because we wants it...

I'd hire a van every time. Total bunch of spanners couriers, their latest triumph causing £250 of damage assuming they don't get nicked first, to a pair of speakers wrapped to withstand a bunker buster missile. I could have delivered in person including van hire for under a £100.
    These silverbacks could break an anvil. Dislike is an understatement. The driver that broke mine no doubt from bouncing them off the tailgate, said he hadn't got time to read FRAGILE and had another 60 drops just for that day.
    Of course the shop that bought my speakers then dutifully billed my credit card for the damage. I couldn't claim as they were collected by the shop account and were not insured. ARRRRRRGGGGHHHH!

SMEagol, Oct 28, 2008
  5. cjm

MikeD Militant Nutter

Parcel2go.com have always been good for me.

MikeD, Oct 29, 2008
  6. cjm

JANDL100

Me, too.

They use DHL - and even if you cheap out on the 48 hour service the goods usually arrive next day. :)

JANDL100, Nov 2, 2008
Ask a Question