Muse Electronics

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Corruption, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Corruption

Corruption

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience of this American manufacturer?

I have the opportunity to part/ex some kit for a Muse Model 3 pre-amp - I can find some pictures of this on the 'net but very little in the way of technical specs and/or user reviews. The Muse website contains pages that are either empty or "under construction" (!).

Is this pre-amp likely to be a synergistic companion to my ARC D130, and a decent improvement over my ATC CA2? It would allow me to go Balanced from pre-power, but without a Balanced out on my CDP I don't know whether this would make it worthwhile.....

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Neil

Corruption, Nov 28, 2008
  2. Corruption

SMEagol Because we wants it...

...all I would say is divide the UK rrp in two, which will give you in many cases the equivalent asking price in the USA, no doubt, then ask yourself if its so attractive... This take the dollars price then just add a pound sign is rife over here. Do some research on your product.
    I steer clear of American stuff like the plague, unless I'm prepared to import it myself and take a chance. I pay USA RRP, duty and VAT just for bringing one item in, and its still massively cheaper than a dealer. I've googled a lot of so-called USA bargains for sale over here and a lot of the time the x-dem or worse 2 year old price, is all they are asking for the new item over the pond!
    Ok I accept dealers have to make a living, and service support etc, but at the moment, particularly now, it comes down to the bottom line. I have no problem in buying European stuff, and I'm happy to pay margins, and value trade support, I'm not on a dealer downer at all, just think the "bang for your buck" particularly when some stuff is made in China anyway (apart from boutique) just isn't there...

I have heard good things about Muse Electronics though.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2008
    SMEagol, Nov 28, 2008
  3. Corruption

Corruption

Hi Chris,

I appreciate your thoughts on this (thorny!) subject matter. Thankfully this is a UK spec model available from a reputable dealer (The Emporium) and is pre-owned so less of an issue with $ vs £ mark-up.

Corruption, Nov 28, 2008
Ask a Question