Musical Fidelity and RS6

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by ajayxx, Feb 3, 2010.

1. ajayxx

ajayxx

Hi I am new to this forum and I can see a lot of interest in MF products here. I have a pair of MA RS6 currently being driven off a Marantz SR6003 AV Amp but I think the RS6 have a lot more to offer than the AV amp is going to be able to live up to so I'd like an integrated with a HT bypass + pre outs for a sub.

Have heard a lot of good things about Musical Fidelity. I like a non-harsh sweet treble, nice neutral mid, slight warmth and good, strong, deep and tight bass. Heard MF do this well and match the MA RS, GS lines extremely well.

Looking for the MF A5, A3.5 or A308 ints in particular on the used/ex-demo market.

Firstly does anybody have any experience of the with this combo?

Secondly what are the sonic differences between these MF lines?

Lastly, anybody have any one of these they'd like to sell?

Many thanks and I look fwd to your esteemed replies.

AJ

ajayxx, Feb 3, 2010
  2. ajayxx

Chris Davies

I have a pair of RS6 and like them. They sit well with my pre amp and power amp combo although both valve.

Chris Davies, Feb 3, 2010
  3. ajayxx

nando nando

having dealt with a lot of amps and m.f. equipment i must say the M6I integrated is by far the best for p.&p i have heard,
    nando.

nando, Feb 3, 2010
  4. ajayxx

ajayxx

I've heard RS6 with tubes too, very good, but I dont know if I want to get into tubes yet plus this needs to be integrated well with my HT.

Nando, would love teh M6i but i'm really looking to spend about a grand at this time so its a little out of my budget.

Would love to hear from anybody who has had experience with the MF amps on my hit list (A5, A3.5 and A308 ints) to contrast their sonic signatures.

ajayxx, Feb 8, 2010
Ask a Question